sendkeys problem
Author Message
 sendkeys problem

I am trying to use SendKeys to tell another application to terminate.  I
have tried Alt-F4 "%(F4)" and it works just fine.  Problem is that most of
the time, but not all of the time, my NUMLOCK key turns off.  Is the is bug
in VB?  Is there another way to tell an application to terminate gracefully?
I have written a utility to kill an application that is misbehaving but
that's not "the right way" to shut down an application.  It tends to leave
temp files all over the place.

Thanks

Kevin Muenzler

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 05:53:10 GMT
 sendkeys problem
Kevin,

To shut down another application, check out KB article Q153463.

As for your NUMLOCK problem, check out KB article Q179987.

To find a KB article you can type "MSKB articlenum" into Internet
Explorer's Address Bar (without the quotes) or you can go to
http://support.microsoft.com.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: sendkeys problem
| Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:53:10 -0600

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
|
| I am trying to use SendKeys to tell another application to terminate.  I
| have tried Alt-F4 "%(F4)" and it works just fine.  Problem is that most of
| the time, but not all of the time, my NUMLOCK key turns off.  Is the is
bug
| in VB?  Is there another way to tell an application to terminate
gracefully?
| I have written a utility to kill an application that is misbehaving but
| that's not "the right way" to shut down an application.  It tends to leave
| temp files all over the place.
|
| Thanks
|
| Kevin Muenzler

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:59:05 GMT