Debug into Dll
Author Message
 Debug into Dll

I have two VB projects. The first one I write and another
one is component (DLL) I need to use. I made them to
project group.

Question:
How can I debug into the DLL project from the project I
write?

Thanks,

Wendy

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:00:57 GMT
 Debug into Dll

released on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:00:57 -0800 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:
>I have two VB projects. The first one I write and another
>one is component (DLL) I need to use. I made them to
>project group.

>Question:
>How can I debug into the DLL project from the project I
>write?

Change the references in your main app, you should find
there are some entries for your dll, pay attention to the
file paths, there sould be one which points to the .vbp.
Ensure that the main project is using this reference and you
can debug the dll just as you would the main project.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:15:35 GMT
 Debug into Dll
Wendy,

1. Ensure that the EXE project is set as your startup project in the group -
its name should appear in bold face.
    Otherwise, right-click on it and choose "Set as Startup Project" from
the context menu.
2. Use the Project | References dialog to add a reference to your DLL to the
EXE project.

This should now allow you to run the main project. Be sure to use Ctrl + F5
or Run | Start with Full Compile.

For futher info, check "Creating an ActiveX DLL" and "Debugging In-Process
Components" in the "Component Tools Guide" in the Visual Basic documentation
(assumes VB Professional or Enterprise).

HTH,

Rob

Quote:
> I have two VB projects. The first one I write and another
> one is component (DLL) I need to use. I made them to
> project group.

> Question:
> How can I debug into the DLL project from the project I
> write?

> Thanks,

> Wendy

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:26:07 GMT

1. How to Debug VC6 DLL called by VBA ??

2. Debugging C++ DLL which is called from VB

3. how to debug ActiveX dll?

4. Debugging VC++ DLL's with VB apps

5. Debug Activex DLL does not work any more

6. how do I debug C DLL?

7. Debugging C++ DLLs with VB exe

8. Problem debugging a DLL project in XP

9. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

10. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

11. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

12. Debugging VB dll sitting in COM+, called by ASP