Anti-Virus causes crash on MDI Unload Event
Author Message
 Anti-Virus causes crash on MDI Unload Event

I've just tracked down a really annoying problem.

Whenever I stopped a MDI project that included a lot of forms and a MAPI
control, Dr. Watson popped up announcing an Access violation and shut Visual
Basic down. An executable created from the same code did not crash.

The error popped up immediately upon exiting the Unload Event of the MDI
form.

We had recently upgraded our virus protection to Norton Anti-virus 7.0 and
the conflict appears to originate there.

At this point, it the problem seems to go away if the default configuration
setting "Enable Script Blocking" is unchecked.

Tested with : Visual Basic 6.0 (occurred with service packs 3,4 & 5)
                    Windows NT 4.0 sp6
                     Windows 2000 Professional SP2

The problem occurred on three similar projects. Several other, less complex
projects had no problem.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:34:50 GMT
 Anti-Virus causes crash on MDI Unload Event
It seems the cause is Norton Anti-Virus. We suggest you contact Symantec or
submit a case to further narrow down the problem.

Steve

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:17:49 GMT
 Anti-Virus causes crash on MDI Unload Event
Hi Steve:

Quote:
> We suggest you

So who is "We"?

Doug.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:15:59 GMT

1. scan for virus programmatically in Outlook VBA using any anti virus software

2. ActiveX Control Array / Unloading causes crashing

3. GPF in Krnl386.exe crashes VB5 IDE on unload of MDI child form

4. krnl386.exe GPF crashes VB5 IDE on MDI child unload

5. VB3 BUG? Unload Me causes --LOAD--event

6. Unloading Forms causing a Form Load Event???

7. Unloading Forms causing a Form Load Event???

8. MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event

9. mdi parent/child unload events

10. MDI Help - Prevent Child Form from Exiting in Unload Event

11. Child unload events in MDI

12. Access drastically slowed by Norton Anti-Virus 5 testing of .mdb files