Path/File access error
Author Message
 Path/File access error

Hi there,

I created on VB application and put it on the server.
There are 3 users using this application once a week. I
created a shortcut of the .exe for each of them. They all
don't have VB installed. It works very well on one user's
desktop. But another keeps getting "Run-time error '75'
Path/File access error."

Can anybody tell me why?

Any help will be great.

LL

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:43:21 GMT
 Path/File access error

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I created on VB application and put it on the server.
> There are 3 users using this application once a week. I
> created a shortcut of the .exe for each of them. They all
> don't have VB installed. It works very well on one user's
> desktop. But another keeps getting "Run-time error '75'
> Path/File access error."

> Can anybody tell me why?

This is typically a bad file path or name.  Isolate the error and it will
most likely become apparent.

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:53:55 GMT
 Path/File access error
Can you give me more details? If this is typically a bad
file path or name, why it works on one computer, doesn't
work on another one?

Thank you.

Quote:
>This is typically a bad file path or name.  Isolate the
error and it will
>most likely become apparent.

>.

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 03:27:57 GMT
 Path/File access error

Quote:
> Can you give me more details? If this is typically a bad
> file path or name, why it works on one computer, doesn't
> work on another one?

It's only guessing from this vantage point.

Find the error first, then it will most likely be obvious what the problem
is.  Introduce error-handling in your application such that you can find the
line of code that's producing the error.  My guess is that it will be a file
operation wherein one of the parameters is out of whack.  If you have to,
build a special debugging version of your application that's "salted" with
messages that indicate the progress of the app.  Using this approach you can
narrow in on the errant code.

On reason it could be different on different machines is because of the
system's Path statement.  For instance, if you're shelling to mspaint.exe on
a machine that has this program in the path--no problem.  On a different
machine without it in the path--it will fail.

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 04:14:17 GMT
 Path/File access error
check your users' permissions to access the folder where
the data is stored. Also, did you insure that all required
files (dll's) were installed on the non-working computer?,
The best way to handle this is to create a Package of your
application and install it on each computer, (don't
reinstall database info) this will ensure all required
dll's for your app. will be present on each machine.
Quote:

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:35:24 GMT

1. Path/File access error (Error 75)

2. Run Time Error -- Path/File Access Error

3. Error 75 (Path/File access error) ???

4. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

5. Error 75 Path/File access error

6. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

7. Path/File access error (Error 75)

8. Error 75 path/file access error

9. Path/File access error UserForm

10. VBA-UserForms Path/File Access Error

11. RT 75: Path/File access error?

12. Path/File access error