VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's
Author Message
 VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's

I am running VB6 EE (Version: 8176; VBA: Retail 6.0.8169; Forms3: 2.01),
NT4.0 SP3, SQL Server 6.5 SP3.  I installed VB6 EE from the Software Select
CD's from Microsoft.  I am having a few problems with the data environment
designer and plenty of crashes.  Also, I cannot seem to find MSDN or online
help of any kind.  Is this the latest version of VB6 EE?  Is any one else
having problems with the data environment when using the SQL OLE DB
provider?

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's
There is a SQL procedure you need to run on your SQL Server to get the OLE
DB privider to work correctly. ITs on your VB6 CD...Its called INSTCAT.SQL

That fixed me up.
Found the answer in the dark reaches of the MS Knowledge Base.

Quote:

> Is any one else
>having problems with the data environment when using the SQL OLE DB
>provider?

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's
Regarding online help, when you attempt to install help and setup prompts
you to insert Disk 1, insert Disk 5.  Look closely at the Disk 5 label and
it will also say Disk 1 of the help disks.

Quote:
>I am running VB6 EE (Version: 8176; VBA: Retail 6.0.8169; Forms3: 2.01),
>NT4.0 SP3, SQL Server 6.5 SP3.  I installed VB6 EE from the Software Select
>CD's from Microsoft.  I am having a few problems with the data environment
>designer and plenty of crashes.  Also, I cannot seem to find MSDN or online
>help of any kind.  Is this the latest version of VB6 EE?  Is any one else
>having problems with the data environment when using the SQL OLE DB
>provider?

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's

Quote:

>Also, I cannot seem to find MSDN or online
>help of any kind.

I have found MSDN, however once installed it still doesn't provide any help.
Is there anybody out there who has managed to get the help system working?

Jan

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's
Not I.  I can't even locate the mysterious "Disk 6" from August that
supposedly has the VS6 Help files on it.

Who's idea was it to unbundle the Help from the application anyway?  The
person should be brought before public tribunal!!

--

Note:  to reply, remove "nospam" from the address

------------

Quote:

>>Also, I cannot seem to find MSDN or online
>>help of any kind.

>I have found MSDN, however once installed it still doesn't provide any
help.
>Is there anybody out there who has managed to get the help system working?

>Jan

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's

Quote:

>Not I.  I can't even locate the mysterious "Disk 6" from August that
>supposedly has the VS6 Help files on it.

Seems I don't have that one either!
& still no help and still no answer

hmmmm!

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's
Call Microsoft support and order the MSDN for VB6.  They will send it no
questions asked (except maybe your address), they don't even want to know
your CD-Key.  I don't have the phone number handy but I'm sure it's not to
hard to find.  Nice work Microsoft.  I wish I had the luxury of sending out
applications before they're ready.

P.S.: Ever notice how at just about every Microsoft seminar their entire
system crashes and the speaker has to hum and haw off script while techies
feverishly attempt to correct the problem in the background.  Now that's
entertainment.

Quote:
>I am running VB6 EE (Version: 8176; VBA: Retail 6.0.8169; Forms3: 2.01),
>NT4.0 SP3, SQL Server 6.5 SP3.  I installed VB6 EE from the Software Select
>CD's from Microsoft.  I am having a few problems with the data environment
>designer and plenty of crashes.  Also, I cannot seem to find MSDN or online
>help of any kind.  Is this the latest version of VB6 EE?  Is any one else
>having problems with the data environment when using the SQL OLE DB
>provider?

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's

2. VB6 EE Version on the Software Select CD's

3. VB6 Won't read my cd's

4. VB6 Jet4.0 Read-Only Database File on CD, Can't Open

5. ANN: NetEdge Software's Web Services Enabler for VB6

6. PDW works with VB6 beta, but doesn't with the release version

7. VB6 Enterprise's MS SQL Sever version ?

8. Exe on CD should use DLL's on CD

9. ADO and the Data Environment (VB6 EE)

10. VB6, EE: Some questions about the Winsock control.

11. VB6, EE: Some questions about the Winsock control.

12. Q: ADO, VB6 EE and MS Access 97