Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)
Author Message
 Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

Well, Ive a little bad matter with a VB 5 project; Im trying to use my
TWAIN scanner (Nikon Scantouch AX-110) in a VB 5 code, Ive found the Wang
Image Acquire control in my ocx collection, (in my PC, Imaging has been
installed by Windows 95), but when I try to set the
imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan property to true, the system will lock with this
error message:

Runtime Error 2147417848(80010108)
Method startscan of object _Dimgscan failed

So, Ive tried to use the imgscan.StartScan with the
imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan setted to false, in this way, my program check
the scan, use it, and acquire all the page.
The only trouble is that I NEED to do a preview before scan, to choose what
area Ive to scan properly.

Whats the matter?

Please help me if possible, or tell me what Ive to do to have some help!
(Microsoft technical support  and Eastman Software technical support  cant
help me, I yet called them)

Thank you for your help.

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

:
:Runtime Error 2147417848(80010108)
:Method startscan of object _Dimgscan failed
:
:So, Ive tried to use the imgscan.StartScan with the
:imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan setted to false, in this way, my program check
:the scan, use it, and acquire all the page.
:The only trouble is that I NEED to do a preview before scan, to choose what
:area Ive to scan properly.
:
:Whats the matter?
:
:Please help me if possible, or tell me what Ive to do to have some help!
:(Microsoft technical support  and Eastman Software technical support  cant
:help me, I yet called them)

From winerror.h:

//
// MessageId: RPC_E_DISCONNECTED
//
// MessageText:
//
//  The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
//
#define RPC_E_DISCONNECTED               _HRESULT_TYPEDEF_(0x80010108L)

I would try getting the full Imaging product from the Wang website.
--
Damit Senanayake
ICQ#: 6930718

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)
also have you included the ywain ocx also or just the wang imaging? that
could be the cause of your problem
Quote:

>:Well, Ive a little bad matter with a VB 5 project; Im trying to use my
>:TWAIN scanner (Nikon Scantouch AX-110) in a VB 5 code, Ive found the
Wang
>:Image Acquire control in my ocx collection, (in my PC, Imaging has been
>:installed by Windows 95), but when I try to set the
>:imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan property to true, the system will lock with
>this
>:error message:
>:
>:Runtime Error 2147417848(80010108)
>:Method startscan of object _Dimgscan failed
>:
>:So, Ive tried to use the imgscan.StartScan with the
>:imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan setted to false, in this way, my program check
>:the scan, use it, and acquire all the page.
>:The only trouble is that I NEED to do a preview before scan, to choose
what
>:area Ive to scan properly.
>:
>:Whats the matter?
>:
>:Please help me if possible, or tell me what Ive to do to have some help!
>:(Microsoft technical support  and Eastman Software technical support  can
>:help me, I yet called them)

>From winerror.h:

>//
>// MessageId: RPC_E_DISCONNECTED
>//
>// MessageText:
>//
>//  The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
>//
>#define RPC_E_DISCONNECTED               _HRESULT_TYPEDEF_(0x80010108L)

>I would try getting the full Imaging product from the Wang website.
>--
>Damit Senanayake
>ICQ#: 6930718
>#include <stdio.h>
>#include <ctype.h>
>void main(){ const char*
>s="\x044\x061\x06D\x069\x074\x020\x069\x073\x020\x040\x020\x061\x06C\x074\x
0
>61\x076\x069\x073\x074\x061\x02E\x06E\x065\x074"; char d[24]; for(int
>i=0;i<25;i++) {d[i]=toascii(s[i]);} puts(d);}

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)
I personally have used the Wang image controls and they are too slow. Also
as you have just posted, they give many errors. The Wang controls are very
limited. The actual TWAIN organization that writes the newest twain spec's,
has a DLL with full source written in C++ on conecting to your scanner. It
includes full source in 4 languages including VB! The TWAIN web site is
http://www.twain.org and you should download the Developer Toolkit. The DLL
is very fast and using it in VB doesn't show much of a time lag compared to
many real applications that use scanner TWAIN.

Thank You
Farshad Hemmati

Quote:
>Well, Ive a little bad matter with a VB 5 project; Im trying to use my
>TWAIN scanner (Nikon Scantouch AX-110) in a VB 5 code, Ive found the Wang
>Image Acquire control in my ocx collection, (in my PC, Imaging has been
>installed by Windows 95), but when I try to set the
>imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan property to true, the system will lock with
this
>error message:

>Runtime Error 2147417848(80010108)
>Method startscan of object _Dimgscan failed

>So, Ive tried to use the imgscan.StartScan with the
>imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan setted to false, in this way, my program check
>the scan, use it, and acquire all the page.
>The only trouble is that I NEED to do a preview before scan, to choose what
>area Ive to scan properly.

>Whats the matter?

>Please help me if possible, or tell me what Ive to do to have some help!
>(Microsoft technical support  and Eastman Software technical support  cant
>help me, I yet called them)

>Thank you for your help.

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)
Offhand, I would say that it's looking for a DS (Data Source) to launch the
vendors (in this case Nikon's)  twain setup dialog box.  You should have
some DS files in your twain directory. If not, then Nikon is using a variation
(read proprietary) setup and this won't work.

Just a hunch.

Steve

Quote:

> Well, Ive a little bad matter with a VB 5 project; Im trying to use my
> TWAIN scanner (Nikon Scantouch AX-110) in a VB 5 code, Ive found the Wang
> Image Acquire control in my ocx collection, (in my PC, Imaging has been
> installed by Windows 95), but when I try to set the
> imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan property to true, the system will lock with this
> error message:

> Runtime Error 2147417848(80010108)
> Method startscan of object _Dimgscan failed

> So, Ive tried to use the imgscan.StartScan with the
> imgscan.ShowSetupBeforeScan setted to false, in this way, my program check
> the scan, use it, and acquire all the page.
> The only trouble is that I NEED to do a preview before scan, to choose what
> area Ive to scan properly.

> Whats the matter?

> Please help me if possible, or tell me what Ive to do to have some help!
> (Microsoft technical support  and Eastman Software technical support  cant
> help me, I yet called them)

> Thank you for your help.

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)
I really thank you 'cause you're interesting to my problem. Yes, I've these
DS files, but I don't know how I can use them. More of this, I've (now) the
evaluation copy of TWAINPRO control (from www.pegasustools.com), but it
doesn't work fine, I GET THE SAME ERROR even if the application is error
free (pegasustools doesn't write a bugged code, I hope). I also get a
evaluation copy of the ITWAIN control, but nothing else happens, always the
same error.

I'm going crazy, what can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Quote:
>Offhand, I would say that it's looking for a DS (Data Source) to launch the
>vendors (in this case Nikon's)  twain setup dialog box.  You should have
>some DS files in your twain directory. If not, then Nikon is using a
variation
>(read proprietary) setup and this won't work.

>Just a hunch.

>Steve

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Again Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

2. Again Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

3. Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

4. Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

5. Again Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

6. Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

7. Again Scanner Problem -2147417848(80010108)

8. Automation Error -2147417848 (80010108)

9. Calender and -2147417848(80010108)

10. Error -2147417848 (80010108) huh?????

11. Run-Time error '-2147417848 (80010108)'

12. Run-Time Error '-2147417848 (80010108)'