VB5: Error 429. ActiveX can't create object...
Author Message
 VB5: Error 429. ActiveX can't create object...

Hi people,

Am working on a multimedia CBT using VB5 as front-end and Access as back-end.
Am using WISE for installation. On certain machines, when attempting to run the
course, user gets RT 429. ActiveX can't create object... The opening screen
won't even come up.
Any ideas why?
I seem to have all necessary support files (DLLs, OCXs, etc.). Of course i am
not sure they are all getting registered right (Microsoft says 429 is a
licensing related problem). But if that was so why would I have problems
registering a control on some machines and not others.
Any help will be of great help,

Thanx in advance,

Cap69

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Error 429. ActiveX can't create object...

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Error 429. ActiveX can't create object...
I recently solved a similar problem.  It came down to the fact that a .dll
that my OCX was calling was missing (in this case vbrun300.dll).  The only
was I discovered this was to search the object code for names of sub-modules
called, then checking the problem machine that these existed and were on the
PATH.  This was not easy, and required the use of a PC version of the Unix
"strings" command, nut it result in the end product working.

If you would like a copy of the strings command, please feel free to e-mail
me, and I'll send it to you.

Guy Fullalove

Quote:

>Hi people,

>Am working on a multimedia CBT using VB5 as front-end and Access as
back-end.
>Am using WISE for installation. On certain machines, when attempting to run
the
>course, user gets RT 429. ActiveX can't create object... The opening screen
>won't even come up.
>Any ideas why?
>I seem to have all necessary support files (DLLs, OCXs, etc.). Of course i
am
>not sure they are all getting registered right (Microsoft says 429 is a
>licensing related problem). But if that was so why would I have problems
>registering a control on some machines and not others.
>Any help will be of great help,

>Thanx in advance,

>Cap69

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Error 429. ActiveX can't create object...

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Error 429. ActiveX can't create object...
Hello,

we have had the same prob. with VBA and Access.
The reason was a missing registry key
Key : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\F4FC596D-DFFE-11CF-9551-00AA00A3DC45
Standard
Value : mbmabptebkjcdlgtjmskjwtsdhjbmkmwtrak

It is the license key for the DAO
Hope it helps

Armin

Quote:

>Hi people,

>Am working on a multimedia CBT using VB5 as front-end and Access as back-end.
>Am using WISE for installation. On certain machines, when attempting to run the
>course, user gets RT 429. ActiveX can't create object... The opening screen
>won't even come up.
>Any ideas why?
>I seem to have all necessary support files (DLLs, OCXs, etc.). Of course i am
>not sure they are all getting registered right (Microsoft says 429 is a
>licensing related problem). But if that was so why would I have problems
>registering a control on some machines and not others.
>Any help will be of great help,

>Thanx in advance,

>Cap69

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime error '429', ActiveX can't create object

2. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

3. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

5. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

7. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

8. ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error 429)

9. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

10. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

11. Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

12. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object