The object invoked has disconnected from its clients
Author Message
 The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Since the last update of our (VB) application, several of our users get an
automation error "-2147417848 (80010108) The object invoked has disconnected from
its clients". This problem seems to occur at random locations in the code and only
on Windows 2000 systems.  Windows 9x users do not experience any problem.
Is there anyone who can think of a possible cause for this problem?

Regards,

Walter Lippens
Applications Development
N.V. Datasoft Management
Healthcare Information Systems
Edward Vlietinckstraat 20
B8400 Oostende, Belgium
Phone   +32-59-55.64.55
Fax     +32-59-55.64.68

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 04:54:52 GMT
 The object invoked has disconnected from its clients
Hi Walter,

    I have recieved this error once before. The cause of it
was an array-out-of-bounds error, with array bounds checking
turned off in the advanced optimizations. Fixed the array
problem, and the automation error went away. I hope this
helps.

- Christopher J. Thibeault

Quote:
Since the last update of our (VB) application, several of our users get an
automation error "-2147417848 (80010108) The object invoked has disconnected from
its clients". This problem seems to occur at random locations in the code and only
on Windows 2000 systems.  Windows 9x users do not experience any problem.
Is there anyone who can think of a possible cause for this problem?

Regards,

Walter Lippens
Applications Development
N.V. Datasoft Management
Healthcare Information Systems
Edward Vlietinckstraat 20
B8400 Oostende, Belgium
Phone   +32-59-55.64.55
Fax     +32-59-55.64.68

.

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:06:29 GMT
 The object invoked has disconnected from its clients
Could be a number of things, but a quick search of the KB comes up with:
Q254908 - BUG: App with Inet Control Gets -2147417848 Automation ErrMsg

Hope it helps,
Kevin

--------------------

| Subject: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients
| Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:54:52 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
|
| Since the last update of our (VB) application, several of our users get
an
| automation error "-2147417848 (80010108) The object invoked has
disconnected from
| its clients". This problem seems to occur at random locations in the code
and only
| on Windows 2000 systems.  Windows 9x users do not experience any problem.
| Is there anyone who can think of a possible cause for this problem?
| Regards,
| Walter Lippens
| Applications Development
| N.V. Datasoft Management
| Healthcare Information Systems
| Edward Vlietinckstraat 20
| B8400 Oostende, Belgium
| Phone +32-59-55.64.55
| Fax   +32-59-55.64.68

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 06:29:50 GMT

1. object invoked has disconnected from its clients

2. The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

3. The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

4. VsFlexGrid Pro 7.0.0.78 + Automation error- The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

5. VsFlexGrid Pro 7.0.0.78 + Automation error- The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

6. INet Error: Automation Error - The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

7. Newbie: Object invoked has disconnected from its clients

8. The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

9. The object invoked has disconnected from one of its clients: Automation error -2147417848

10. Error # -2147417848:The Object Invoked has disconnected from its clients

11. the object invoked has disconnected from its clients

12. The object invoked has disconnected from its clients