Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6
Author Message
 Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6

When selecting a recordset either with the ADO control or through the query
wizard (Accessing a Jet database) using the like operator and wildcards,
returns no records. Using an exact string works fine. Any ideas why this is.

Thanks

Geoff

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6
Can we have a look at the code?

VB-Joker
MCSE

Quote:
> ----------

> Posted At:         31. oktober 1998 19:34
> Posted To:         bugs
> Conversation:      Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6
> Subject:   Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6

> When selecting a recordset either with the ADO control or through the
> query
> wizard (Accessing a Jet database) using the like operator and
> wildcards,
> returns no records. Using an exact string works fine. Any ideas why
> this is.

> Thanks

> Geoff

Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6
Could you be using the wrong Access wildcard character?

The wildcard character for Access is the asterisk "*".
The wildcard character for other databases is the percent sign "%".

--
Robert R. Thele

[Remove NoSpam_ to reply via E-mail]

Quote:

>When selecting a recordset either with the ADO control or through the query
>wizard (Accessing a Jet database) using the like operator and wildcards,
>returns no records. Using an exact string works fine. Any ideas why this is.

>Thanks

>Geoff

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6
Works fine for me.
What are you using as your wildcard characters?
eg. "SELECT names.* FROM names WHERE surname LIKE 'smith%';" would return
all surnames beginning with smith

Kevin Beckwith

Quote:
>When selecting a recordset either with the ADO control or through the query
>wizard (Accessing a Jet database) using the like operator and wildcards,
>returns no records. Using an exact string works fine. Any ideas why this
is.

>Thanks

>Geoff

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Like operator and wildcards in ADO VB6
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I was not using the right wildcards, I didn't know
about the %.

Geoff

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wildcard SQL LIKE operator on ADO+Unicode data (Jet4.0)

2. Ado 'Like' Operator's wildcards

3. SQL wildcards not working with ADO in VB6

4. Problem with % wildcard with VB6, ADO

5. WMI Query: Relational Operators w/ Wildcards

6. Problem with like operator without wildcards

7. Wildcard in "Like" operator

8. Search in Outlook 98/2000 using wildcards in VB6

9. VB6/ADODB/Access97 Wildcard in SQL doesn't work

10. Why don't wildcard operators work in ADO SQL?

11. ADO 1.5 Wildcards for the Like operator Where are they???

12. Wildcard in SQL/VB6 strings