Permission Denied while compiling...
Author Message
 Permission Denied while compiling...

In my VB 6.0 project, everytime I add a line of code
and try to compile my DLL project I get a
"permission denied" error.  I always have to save
the project, exit, and then reopen the project and
compile and it works.  But again if I add one line
of code I always get that permission denied error
again.

Any suggestions that might be causing this?
I'm using VB 6.0 Professional, Win2000

Thanks,
J.M.

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 06:50:12 GMT
 Permission Denied while compiling...

Quote:

> In my VB 6.0 project, everytime I add a line of code
> and try to compile my DLL project I get a
> "permission denied" error.  I always have to save
> the project, exit, and then reopen the project and
> compile and it works.  But again if I add one line
> of code I always get that permission denied error
> again.

> Any suggestions that might be causing this?
> I'm using VB 6.0 Professional, Win2000

> Thanks,
> J.M.

Something has the DLL loaded or is holding a reference to it.  It could be
an app (are you testing the DLL between compilations?), IIS (if, for
example, you're using the DLL in a web page), or even VB itself. VB could
have the DLL loaded if you've used the DLL for binary compatibility.  Make a
copy of the DLL and use the copy for the compatibility file.

Mike

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:48:52 GMT
 Permission Denied while compiling...
I usually get this error if I forget to unload a form, especially if your
app runs from Sub Main ().

-Vincent DeCampo

Quote:

> > In my VB 6.0 project, everytime I add a line of code
> > and try to compile my DLL project I get a
> > "permission denied" error.  I always have to save
> > the project, exit, and then reopen the project and
> > compile and it works.  But again if I add one line
> > of code I always get that permission denied error
> > again.

> > Any suggestions that might be causing this?
> > I'm using VB 6.0 Professional, Win2000

> > Thanks,
> > J.M.

> Something has the DLL loaded or is holding a reference to it.  It could be
> an app (are you testing the DLL between compilations?), IIS (if, for
> example, you're using the DLL in a web page), or even VB itself. VB could
> have the DLL loaded if you've used the DLL for binary compatibility.  Make
> copy of the DLL and use the copy for the compatibility file.

> Mike

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:48:07 GMT

1. Permission Denied(compile error) with opendatabase statement

2. compiling and rdo denied permissions

3. vb5 compile error: permission denied on opendatabase

4. Permission denied with RDO when compiling

5. permission denied when re-compiling

6. Compiling Project Group, getting permission denied

7. Compiling DLL and getting Permission Denied

8. Compiling Project Group, getting permission denied

9. Permission Denied and Avoiding DLL Compiling During Development

10. Compile Error: Permission Denied with my own ActiveX component

11. Permission Denied on Compile of DLL using Personal Web Server

12. ActiveX DLL Re-Compile: Permission Denied (AGAIN)