True Type Font Scalability
Author Message
 True Type Font Scalability

Hi,

Using VB6 I created a form page and placed a command button on it.  In the
click event of the command button I placed the following code:

for i=8 to 24
    form1.fontsize=i
    print"fonttesting"
next i
What I expected to see was a nice smooth waterfall effect if one was to
connect the right most character of this string with all the lines.
Basically as you increase the font size the width of the string should
proportionally get wider.  What happens is that the waterfall effect is VERY
rough and there does not appear to be any kind of a parabolic effect as you
would expect.  In fact some fonts are almost identical to the next one in
sequence.  However if you do the same kind of experiment using MS Word 97 or
LOTUS Amipro you get the perfect waterfall effect that I need to be able to
do in VB.  I am involved in a project that demands high precision in the
mathematical relationship of the various fontsizes.  This effect appears to
happen with atleast all proportional windows fonts.  I am puzzeled why it
doesnt work the same way as the 2 other word processors.  Any help wil be
deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Les

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GDI - Text Bounding Box - True Type Fonts

2. Accessing special characters in True Type fonts

3. Installing True Type Fonts

4. How to install True Type Fonts In Win 3.1 with VB3

5. HOW CAN I VIEW A FONT FILE (TRUE TYPE)

6. DOS FONTS TO TRUE TYPE

7. Can't print symbol true type fonts.

8. How to view/print fonts true type?

9. Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

10. VIEW A TTF FILE (True Type Font) with VB 3/4/5

11. Problem with printing true-type fonts with VB4.0

12. Distributing True Type Fonts?