VB in XP
Author Message
 VB in XP

        I am using VB5...and recently I upgraded my system to XP.  Now
some of my controls won't work...I get an error # 429...that I am not
licensed to use the particular control.  I have noticed that my ocx's
in my componets dialog now has the notation of SP3 after it. (ie.
Microsoft common dialog SP3).  My question is that I have not been
able to find a service pack for VB 5....is there anyway I can solve
this problem....

thanks for any help out there
hanser in houston

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:10:18 GMT
 VB in XP

Quote:

> I am using VB5...and recently I upgraded my system to XP.  Now
> some of my controls won't work...I get an error # 429...that I am not
> licensed to use the particular control.  I have noticed that my ocx's
> in my componets dialog now has the notation of SP3 after it. (ie.
> Microsoft common dialog SP3).  My question is that I have not been
> able to find a service pack for VB 5....is there anyway I can solve
> this problem....

Q181854 FILE: VB5cli.exe Fixes Visual Basic 5.0 Control Installation Problem

 URL:http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;;Q181854

Here's the equivalent for VB6:

 URL:http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;;Q194751

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>   Space Cooties! <http://www.xenu.net/>

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:36:31 GMT
 VB in XP
thanks Joe...appreciate it...

Quote:

>> I am using VB5...and recently I upgraded my system to XP.  Now
>> some of my controls won't work...I get an error # 429...that I am not
>> licensed to use the particular control.  I have noticed that my ocx's
>> in my componets dialog now has the notation of SP3 after it. (ie.
>> Microsoft common dialog SP3).  My question is that I have not been
>> able to find a service pack for VB 5....is there anyway I can solve
>> this problem....

>Q181854 FILE: VB5cli.exe Fixes Visual Basic 5.0 Control Installation Problem

> URL:http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;;Q181854

>Here's the equivalent for VB6:

> URL:http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;;Q194751

>--
>Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>   Space Cooties! <http://www.xenu.net/>
>WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to
>because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away, ha ha!

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:07:48 GMT

1. Need help printing .tif image threw VB on XP machine

2. Crystal Reports from VB in XP prompting Parameter dialog box

3. VB/Access XP

4. vb in XP

5. Compiling VB under XP

6. VB And XP Command Prompt

7. xp, vb, vb.net

8. Access XP => Outlook XP

9. Access xp sending email via outlook xp

10. Automating Excel XP from Word XP

11. Word XP and Access XP

12. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP