Unloading control arrays on sstab control error
Author Message
 Unloading control arrays on sstab control error

I have a form that has the MS Tab ActiveX control v6.0 (sp5)
On tab 3 I have a textbox control array and 2 cmd buttons.
the only textbox loaded at design time is txtbox(0)
On tab 1 I have 1 cmd button.

At runtime
On tab 3
Press cmdButton1 and it creates 10 textboxes

Private Sub Command1_Click()

For i = 1 To 10

  Load TextBox1(i)

  TextBox1(i).Top = RichTextBox1(i - 1).Top + 600

  TextBox1(i).Left = i * 500

  TextBox1(i).Visible = True

Next

End Sub

Press Button 2 and I unload the 10 text boxes

Private Sub Command3_Click(index As Integer)

For i = 1 To 10

  Unload RichTextBox1(i)

Next

End Sub

Runs Just fine...

Now heres the problem

Create the 10 textboxes

Goto tab 1

I have a button their that runs the same unload code as above.

the code runs but as soon as I click on tab 3 to see if the textboxes
unloaded VB Crashes with a memory error.

"the instruction at 0x200018f8 referanced memory at 0x0000000c. the memory
could not be read."

Windows 2000 / VB6 SP5

Am I Unloading them wrong?

Anyone know how to fix this or work around it?

Thanks

Heath Johnson

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 02:32:20 GMT
 Unloading control arrays on sstab control error
Hi Heath,

This looks like a known problem.  You could try either moving the textboxes
to a very negative left value or make the textboxes invisible by setting
their visible property to false.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Marc Rodman
Microsoft Developer Support

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 04:48:03 GMT

1. Unloading a control member of a control array via API

2. Dynamically Loaded/Unloaded Controls using SSTab and Frames

3. Control Array & SSTab

4. VB5: Unload Control Array

5. VB5: Unloading Control Array

6. unloading controls in array by property

7. SSTab as a control array

8. Dynamic creation of Control Array on a SSTab

9. ActiveX Control Array / Unloading causes crashing

10. Unable to unload control array.

11. gpg unload event of form with control array

12. Control Arrays and SSTab