ADO and recordsets. Can I do that!
Author Message
 ADO and recordsets. Can I do that!

I can connect two different recordsets on the same table of an ACCESS
database.

But, I tried to connect to two recordsets on two different forms where
rs1 is a subset of the same table (with e select request) and rs2 is
connected to the same table of rs1. When I try to make an UPDATE on rs1,
I have "Errors occured". Either one of two things : I can't do that, or
I don't kwno how to do it.

Thanks, Roger,

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:03:21 GMT
 ADO and recordsets. Can I do that!
Roger,
This is probably a locking issue if both recordsets are updateable.
A better way is to use read only recordsets and handle updates with a
command object.
Regards
Mike MCP

Quote:
> I can connect two different recordsets on the same table of an ACCESS
> database.

> But, I tried to connect to two recordsets on two different forms where
> rs1 is a subset of the same table (with e select request) and rs2 is
> connected to the same table of rs1. When I try to make an UPDATE on rs1,
> I have "Errors occured". Either one of two things : I can't do that, or
> I don't kwno how to do it.

> Thanks, Roger,

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:06:49 GMT

1. ADO Update the Database with the modify done on a disconnected recordset in background mode

3. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

4. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

5. find the top 8 values in recordset, done in code

6. Recordset vs. ADO Recordset

7. Recordset object, what am i doing wrong?

8. Cannot access fields using recordset property when doing a self-join

9. How to change ADO recordset retrieved from Oracle into new recordset

10. ADO fails to release Recordset cursor after opening disconnected Recordset

11. 2 ado recordsets into a new 3rd recordset

12. How do I create a canned form?