VB6 and Paradox 8 Interaction Problem
Author Message
 VB6 and Paradox 8 Interaction Problem

All,

Since I installed VB6.0 from the Visual Studio Enterprise edition, I
have not been able to run Corel Paradox Version 8 (with the service
pack loaded or not).  When PDOX loads, it just hangs.  The "three
finger salute" says Paradox is not responding.  So, I re-installed
PDOX and the service pack.  Same problem except that the hang is
occuring when the startup wizard runs.  I've checked the Paradox
forum on CIS and found no real help.  Everything was fine pre-VB 6.
I think I did accept the option to load the Paradox ODBC drivers
during installation.  Next plan:  Uninstall VB6 and see what
happens.  Any other ideas?

The machine is running Windows 98, standalone.

Thanks,

Glenn

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 and Paradox 8 Interaction Problem
A day later:

Uninstalled PDOX and VB then re-installed PDOX.  Pdox Lives.
Haven't tried to re-install VB with no data connectivity.  I can
live with that.  The little development work I do involves file
manipulations of report images from a mainframe.

Glenn

Quote:

>All,

>Since I installed VB6.0 from the Visual Studio Enterprise edition, I
>have not been able to run Corel Paradox Version 8 (with the service
>pack loaded or not).  When PDOX loads, it just hangs.  The "three
>finger salute" says Paradox is not responding.  So, I re-installed
>PDOX and the service pack.  Same problem except that the hang is
>occuring when the startup wizard runs.  I've checked the Paradox
>forum on CIS and found no real help.  Everything was fine pre-VB 6.
>I think I did accept the option to load the Paradox ODBC drivers
>during installation.  Next plan:  Uninstall VB6 and see what
>happens.  Any other ideas?

>The machine is running Windows 98, standalone.

>Thanks,

>Glenn

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 and Paradox 8 Interaction Problem
Update 2:

I re-installed VB 6.0 tonight with the minimum datatools, JET and
minimal ADO only.  PDOX still is OK - no change from last night.
That leads me to conclude there is something in the PDOX piece in VB
that is the problem.  If all of the above leads you to believe I am
a low time VB developer, you are correct.  In my case, I can live
with this environment.  But, I can see where others would see this
as a more significant issue - if anyone else out there is using PDOX
8 (Grin).

Glenn

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 Telephone Interaction

2. Telnet Interaction VB6

3. VB6 and SQL 7 interaction

4. VB6 and Vfoxpro interaction

5. Cant Open Password Protected Paradox table in VB6

6. How to work with paradox 4.5 inh vb6?

7. VB5 - Access 97 interaction Problem

8. ActiveX control and Client script interaction problem

9. Stored Procedure datetime interaction problem

10. Updating Paradox db with VB6

11. Need to create a new paradox 5 table from vb6

12. Accessing multiple Paradox Tables with VB6 --How?