Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch
Author Message
 Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch

Hi

I have a small peer to peer network of 1 PC on W2k and 2 PC's on W98 SE.

I have developed a VB front end to a SQL Server database. It compiles and
runs with no problem on the W2K machine and installs/runs perfectly on the
first W98 PC.

As soon as I run it on the second W98 PC it crashes out with a 'Run-Time
Error 13 Type Mismatch' error.

I suspected that it might be something to do with regional/number/currency
settings - the first thing that happens on the application is to open a form
and populate a text box with current date. I've compared the 2 W98 machine,
however, and they both have identical settings - UK English/
symbol/parenthesis for negative numbers.

Any ideas ?

Martin Harran

---

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:19:03 GMT
 Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch
Install VB on a win98 comp and debug. Or just compile a program that gives
off message boxs for each sub called so you can narrow it down.

Quote:
> Hi

> I have a small peer to peer network of 1 PC on W2k and 2 PC's on W98 SE.

> I have developed a VB front end to a SQL Server database. It compiles and
> runs with no problem on the W2K machine and installs/runs perfectly on the
> first W98 PC.

> As soon as I run it on the second W98 PC it crashes out with a 'Run-Time
> Error 13 Type Mismatch' error.

> I suspected that it might be something to do with regional/number/currency
> settings - the first thing that happens on the application is to open a
form
> and populate a text box with current date. I've compared the 2 W98
machine,
> however, and they both have identical settings - UK English/
> symbol/parenthesis for negative numbers.

> Any ideas ?

> Martin Harran

> ---

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:37:59 GMT
 Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch

Quote:
> As soon as I run it on the second W98 PC it crashes out with a 'Run-Time
> Error 13 Type Mismatch' error.

Put error handling in EVERY procedure and display the procedure's name
(which you'll have to hardcode, so don't ask how to determine it
programmatically) in a message box. At least you'll narrow things down a
little.

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:01:05 GMT
 Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch

released on Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:01:05 -0400 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:

>> As soon as I run it on the second W98 PC it crashes out with a 'Run-Time
>> Error 13 Type Mismatch' error.

>Put error handling in EVERY procedure and display the procedure's name
>(which you'll have to hardcode, so don't ask how to determine it
>programmatically) in a message box. At least you'll narrow things down a
>little.

Martin,

To speed up the process that Jeff suggests, there are tools
you can download that will add the error checking for you.

You can also add line numbers (again using an addin). This,
coupled with good error checking code should reveal the
where the bug is v.quickly.

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:01:13 GMT
 Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch
Just to let you know I got problem solved. Windows 98 PC was running ADO
V2.0 - machine I did compilation on was using V2.5

Installed latest version of mdac which solved problem.

Martin Harran

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:38:07 GMT

1. "Run-time error 13: Type Mismatch"

2. Type Mismatch Run-Time error 13

3. Type mismatch, run-time error #13

4. ACC2000:Run Time Error '13': Type Mismatch

5. Run -time error '13' Type Mismatch

6. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

7. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

8. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

9. run time error 13, data type mismatch !

10. Run Time Error "13" Type Mismatch

11. Type Mismatch - Run Time Err 13

12. Worked fine yesterday, today I get Error 13 Type Mismatch errors