Help! Function marked as restricted?
Author Message
 Help! Function marked as restricted?

I am getting an error in VB 5.0 SP3 which says "Function or interface
marked as restricted, or the funct      on uses an Automation type not
supported in Visual Basic".

I had had this error occasionally in the past and have recompiled the VB
active-X controls reference by the project and it goes away.  However
now it occurs whenever I try to compile or run the project, and will not
highlight any part of the code.  (It previously highlighted an Enum
constant in the first-compiled class module, but I replaced that with
the numeric value, now it doesn't highlight any code)

I have tried rebuilding the .vbp under a different name, no change.  I
removed all references to the old project and its class modules from the
registery and tried again, still not working.

I am in a major crunch on this project which is not at a stand still.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (like what causes this
error).

Thanks to all.

Gary Phillips

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. function or interface marked as restricted

2. Function or interface marked as restricted

3. Compile Error: Function or interface marked as restricted??

4. function or interface marked as restricted

5. Function or Interface marked as restricted errror

6. Function marked as restricted or uses a type not supported in Visual Basic

7. function or interface marked as restricted

8. how to fix function interface marked as restricted

9. function or interface marked as restricted

10. Function marked as restricted or uses a type not supported in Visual Basic

11. Function or interface marked as restricted

12. Function or interface marked as restricted