Calendar Control after Office XP
Author Message
 Calendar Control after Office XP

Installed Office XP on my developement computer, now I cannot run either the
MS calendar control 9.0 in VB or the Calendar Control in Access 10....what
gives

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:57:09 GMT
 Calendar Control after Office XP
Mike,

First, is this is the full version of XP you installed or a beta?    Being
that it is the calendar control which is already notorious for other issues,
I am afraid that most likely XP may have either updated something that the
old calendar control just cannot handle or it change some other dll that VB
also uses that is not compatible with older VB controls like the calendar
control.

We always install to a non development or to a non critical development
machine first for this very reasons.   XP (whether it be Office, VB.Net or
WinXP) is a major change in the way Microsoft is developing applications.
I highly recommend you take extreme care on upgrading because although they
are big upgrades, none of us really know how much of a change they really
are nor do we know what impact they will have on older software we currently
use.  I would bet that XP is going to wreck havoc on a lot of older controls
and applications and your issue is just the start.

--
Sincerely,

Todd B - CEO - Agendum Software

(608) 837-6736  Voice                (419) 821-9599 Fax

** New Version of AgMapthat Project Browser Plus now available!  New product
releases coming shortly
including new freeware downloads **

Quote:
> Installed Office XP on my developement computer, now I cannot run either
the
> MS calendar control 9.0 in VB or the Calendar Control in Access 10....what
> gives

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:47:37 GMT

1. Office 2000 and Office XP question

2. SaveAs in office 2K & Office XP

3. difference Office XP VAB and Office 97 VBA

4. Office XP Run Time Error after upgrade from Office 2000

5. Will Office-97 VBA macros work in Office-XP

6. Behavior under Office 2000 vs. Office XP

7. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP

8. Automating Mail Merge with VB.Net and Office XP and Office 2000 produces mixed results

9. Calendar control + WIN XP

10. Windows XP and MS Calendar Control

11. Office 95 & 97 Calendar control

12. Office XP-esque Controls available to developers?