Converting VB 2 code to VB 5 ? How To ?
Author Message
 Converting VB 2 code to VB 5 ? How To ?

Hi I wish to convert my VB 2 code & forms
to VB5 code & forms.  I am having trouble
reading the forms and modules. Can anyone
assist me with this ?

Thanks
Dave

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting VB 2 code to VB 5 ? How To ?
You have to convert your project to VB3 (maybe this step can be avoid).
After to VB4 16bit (this step will convert your 16bit Dll to 16 bit OCX)
after to VB4 32 (it will convert your 16bit OCX to 32bit OCX)
 and finally to VB5.

It is the best way to convert your project and hold your controls and their
properties.

David Heley a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>Converting VB 2 code to VB 5 ? How To ?

>Hi I wish to convert my VB 2 code & forms
>to VB5 code & forms.  I am having trouble
>reading the forms and modules. Can anyone
>assist me with this ?

>Thanks
>Dave

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting VB 2 code to VB 5 ? How To ?

Quote:

>Hi I wish to convert my VB 2 code & forms
>to VB5 code & forms.  I am having trouble
>reading the forms and modules. Can anyone
>assist me with this ?

You have to save your VB2 files out at ASCII text. You can do this in VB2 by
selecting each of the files in the project, then selecting Save As... from
the File menu. On the file save dialog there is a checkbox that says
something like Save as Text. Check it. You will need to repeat this for each
file.

Once you've done this (if you did not save in ASCII format to begin with),
you should be able to at least load the modules.

In the modules, any 16-bit DLL calls will need to be converted to their
32-bit equivalents.

In the forms, if you are using any controls, these will need to be converted
to their 32-bit equivalents. Note that you must have the 32-bit version of
the controls installed on your system and you must have the appropriate
option checked to upgrade controls. If a control doesn't have a 32-bit
equivalent, then you cannot convert that portion of the form. In some rare
cases, this might cause a form not to be able to load at all.

Frank Carr

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can I convert this Excel VB code to Access VB

2. Tell me you experience in convert code from VB 6 to VB.NET or C#

3. converting code from VB 3.0 to VB 5.0

4. Convert VB Automation code into VC++ code

5. Converting VB code to ASP code

6. Convert C Code to VB Code

7. Convert VB.Net to C#, convert C# to VB.Net

8. Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher

9. Convert Function to VB Code

10. Converting VB code modules in Access 95 to Access 97

11. Convert from mdb to mde in vb-code from another access database

12. combobox: converting code snippet from VBA to VB