writing a patch
Author Message
 writing a patch

I need to change two simple lines of code in a program that has been
distributed already.  Anyone have suggestions on how to do this without
having to release a whole new version?

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:35:49 GMT
 writing a patch

Quote:

> I need to change two simple lines of code in a program that has been
> distributed already.  Anyone have suggestions on how to do this without
> having to release a whole new version?

In the end, you will have to place a complete new copy of the program
on the end-user's machine.  There are ways of doing that without
sending them the entire program, including commercial patch programs
and Windows Installer's patch capabilities (only works if your program
is installed with Windows Installer).  The only commercial package
that I know of offhand is RTPatch, but I assume there are others.

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 04:36:35 GMT
 writing a patch
You have to send the .exe no choice.

Wise Installbuilder is brilliant. It can locate the old app and replace it
wherever its installed.

go to http://www.wisesolutions.com/ .

Quote:

> I need to change two simple lines of code in a program that has been
> distributed already.  Anyone have suggestions on how to do this without
> having to release a whole new version?

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:11:21 GMT

1. Writing a patch in Quickbasic

2. looking for "patch" utility to patch vb executables

3. Anyone using Redemption to bypass Outlook Security Patch?

4. Access 2 Y2k Patch PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

5. Tyring to create a patch for an access 97 module

6. Patch db, Help and Keep Code for Yourself

7. VBA332 Patch

8. Re. VBA332 Patch

9. Jet 3.0 Patch

10. Outlook 97 Patches

11. New Outlook Security Patch causes problems

12. Security Patch - Anybody here care?