Error 429 -ActiveX component can't create object
Author Message
 Error 429 -ActiveX component can't create object

Help!

Every time I use the DBEnginge object I get the error 429 (e.g. Msgbox
DBEnginge.Version). this error occurs only on some computers. I tried to
copare and update the DAO-registry entries, but without success. What
else could it be?
Help please.

Jerry

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 -ActiveX component can't create object
There have been three answers to this problem that I have found in the past:

1. The object's code file has a space in it's path as entered in the
registry.
2. The object's code file is not registered.
3. A .dll, etc that this object calls is not on the machine.

Good luck !

Guy

Quote:

>Help!

>Every time I use the DBEnginge object I get the error 429 (e.g. Msgbox
>DBEnginge.Version). this error occurs only on some computers. I tried to
>copare and update the DAO-registry entries, but without success. What
>else could it be?
>Help please.

>Jerry

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 -ActiveX component can't create object
Hello,

we have had the same prob. with VBA and Access.
The reason was a missing registry key
Key : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\F4FC596D-DFFE-11CF-9551-00AA00A3DC45
Standard
Value : mbmabptebkjcdlgtjmskjwtsdhjbmkmwtrak

It is the license key for the DAO
Hope it helps

Armin

remove nospam from my email

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:59:49 +0100, "Jiri Zavodsky"

Quote:

>Help!

>Every time I use the DBEnginge object I get the error 429 (e.g. Msgbox
>DBEnginge.Version). this error occurs only on some computers. I tried to
>copare and update the DAO-registry entries, but without success. What
>else could it be?
>Help please.

>Jerry

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

2. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

3. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

5. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

7. ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error 429)

8. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

9. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

10. Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

11. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object

12. Error: (429) ActiveX component can't create object