VB6 DataView Messed Up 
Author Message
 VB6 DataView Messed Up

I have a Data Link to my local MS SQL Server 6.5 database and I can expand
it to see the names of tables, views, and stored procs, but when I
double-click on a table or view I get the following error:

"Object customers does not exist in the database (13)"

But I know the table exists because I can see it in my SQL Enterprise
Manager and if I click the "+" next to the entry, it expands to show me the
column names which I can double-click to get their Properties.

When I double-click on the Stored Proc name, I get three consecutive error
message boxes with the following values:

"Unspecified error :3251"
"Unspecified error :3251"
"Unspecified error :3251"

But then the Stored Proc appears in an editor "Design:" window.

I have already tried reinstalling VStudio 6, but nothing changed.

Mark Tucker



Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 VB6 DataView Messed Up
Mark,

This might be related to the version of ms stored procedures installed with
instcat.sql . I had a similar problem. I ran instcat.sql (that gets
installed with when you install MDAC 2.0, I believe) and I was then able to
use the data view features properly.

Rgds
Chris



Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 VB6 DataView Messed Up
Thanks for posting this.

I have had this problem since installing VB6, and have not been able to find
the fix. I ran the script manually using ISQL and got a lot of warnings that
I was not using MSSQL7.0. VB6 SQL Query now appears to work correctly.

I have MSSQL 6.5 with service pack 3 installed. Is there a later service
pack that I should install ?

Thanks,

Steve O.


Quote:
>Mark,

>This might be related to the version of ms stored procedures installed with
>instcat.sql . I had a similar problem. I ran instcat.sql (that gets
>installed with when you install MDAC 2.0, I believe) and I was then able to
>use the data view features properly.

>Rgds
>Chris



Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 VB6 DataView Messed Up


Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT  
 VB6 DataView Messed Up
Thanks to the help of James Bowie, this problem is solved.

Right click on your Data Link and select Modify.  On the Providers tab
specify "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" instead of "Microsoft
OLE DB Provider for SQL Server".  You will then have to reenter the
appropriate information on the Connection tab.

Mark Tucker



Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 VB6 DataView Messed Up


Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT  
 VB6 DataView Messed Up
Steve,

I have SP4 for SQL6.5 installed on my SQLServers... Obviously, you will need
to test this on a development machine before applying to any production
environments.. But I have had no problems with this.

Re the warnings... I believe the script tells you to ignore these warnings
if you are running it against a 6.5 Sql Server.

Rgds
Chris



Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VB6 DataView Messed Up

2. How to restore the dataview after the rows in dataview are to be filtered

3. Dial Ups

4. Microsoft Press More Than 300 Titles + FREE UPS Ground shipping

5. Outlook Hang ups

6. Pop-ups in MS Office

7. Dial Ups

8. Default Dial Ups

9. Anyone worked with UPS Online Tools

10. SET UPS: Please Stop... AND Lood

11. VBA ups & downs

12. New UPS System 6-8 Hours Continuous Service

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software