dll and ocx errors
Author Message
 dll and ocx errors

Quote:
>Need advise for  : dll and ocx

>Using VB5 ( Professional )
>Compiled program using VB's SetUpWiz app.

>First scenarios
>Install VB5 program on a PC that already has a VB6 app. Installed.
>The VB5 replaces some system files and the VB6 app will not run.

>Second scenarios
>Install VB5 program on a PC.
>Later install a VB6 program.
>The VB5 program will not run.

>Q ?  How can I overcome this ?

There is no reason why a properly installed VB5 and VB6 app should not
co-exist on the same machine.   The VB run times are different and the
intrinsic controls should be backward compatible.

Which DLL, OCXs are you having problems with?.  Which system files are
being replaced?  I suspect they are third party controls in which case
you need to contact the supplier of the controls.

If the DLL, OCXs are one you have written yourself, are you using
proper version control numbers.

Stuart Sutherland

Thu, 05 Aug 2004 23:31:03 GMT

1. Set Up error with OCX or DLL

2. License error (*.ocx, *.dll ?!*"(£&^#)

3. Error rgistering the OCX C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\dispex.dll

4. Threed32.ocx - 'error in loading dll'

5. Preventing OCX AND DLL LOAD ERRORs

6. Preventing OCX AND DLL LOAD ERRORs

7. OCX OCX OCX OCX OCX OCX

8. Setup Wiz (Registration Blues - mfc40.dll, grid32.ocx, comdlg32.ocx)

9. Illegal Operation Errors(Crystl32.ocx and dbgrid.ocx)

10. Error en el registro de imgscan.ocx y imgedit.ocx

11. OLEAUT32.DLL and SHELL32.DLL error?

12. Write Access Error with MSVCRT.DLL and MSVCRT40.DLL