Licensing Problems with VB5 SP3 and Win 98
Author Message
 Licensing Problems with VB5 SP3 and Win 98

I have just installed VB5 and SP3 onto my new portable that is running Win
98.  After the installation, I attempted to load one of my projects, and it
would not load several standard controls such as the Rich Text control since
it thinks there is no license for them.

I have no idea how to install the licenses since it is usually handled by
the Installation Program.

The controls that were affected are as follows:

UpDown
Common Dialog Control
Rich Text Box

I have no idea how to restore the licenses, and I would greatly appreciate
some help.  Please reply to my email address as shown below.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Gutterman

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Licensing Problems with VB5 SP3 and Win 98
One of our team members had a licensing issue with the microsoft windows
common controls (comctl32).  He emailed microsoft and they sent him a patch.

Quote:

>I have just installed VB5 and SP3 onto my new portable that is running Win
>98.  After the installation, I attempted to load one of my projects, and it
>would not load several standard controls such as the Rich Text control
since
>it thinks there is no license for them.

>I have no idea how to install the licenses since it is usually handled by
>the Installation Program.

>The controls that were affected are as follows:

>UpDown
>Common Dialog Control
>Rich Text Box

>I have no idea how to restore the licenses, and I would greatly appreciate
>some help.  Please reply to my email address as shown below.

>Thanks in advance,

>Jim Gutterman

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

2. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

3. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

4. Win 98, Win 95 and VB5

5. VB5 Win 98 Problems

6. VB5 OnTop API Problem WIN95 / WIN 98

7. Graph Licensing Problem in VB5 SP3

8. Win 98 and Win Me Problem

9. Problem printing in Win 95 but not Win 98

10. OCX Created w/VB5 SP3 Work Only on Win NT - Not Win 95

11. OCX Created w/VB5 SP3 Work Only on Win NT - Not Win 95

12. WIN 2k API vs WIN 98/WIN NT API - Help needed