Memory leakage in VB 6
Author Message
 Memory leakage in VB 6

The virtual memory usage in more than one project is over 100 MB, and I am
not dynamically allocating memory.  There is a large MSFlexGrid in one
project, which bogs down more often.  Also, the VM usage increases each time
I run the program when developing.

Robi Papp

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Memory leakage in VB 6

Quote:
>The virtual memory usage in more than one project is over 100 MB, and I am
>not dynamically allocating memory.  There is a large MSFlexGrid in one
>project, which bogs down more often.  Also, the VM usage increases each time
>I run the program when developing.

  Are you dynamically loading controls, with the "Load" statement?

Later,

Wayne Venables
IDC Global

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Memory leakage in VB 6
Aha! Someone else with this problem....Maybe this is a multi-project
problem (since I have two projects open in a group I've been working on).

The program runs fine when I start. After doing a few test runs, it gets
significantly slower each time I try to run the app. The slowest is when I
exit the app to return to the development environment. It can take up to
10 minutes. I checked my \Windows\Temp directory and lo-and-behold I
have a 110MB file there!!!! I use a fixed swap file of 256MB (I have 64MB
of memory) which has been enough for everything up to this point. During
the switch to the IDE it actually locks up the machine and reports as
"Not Responding" when hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL. If you give it enough time,
it eventually does come back after thrashing the disk for 10 minutes.

Incidentally, I also have a large (600+ rows) MSFlexGrid on my app as well.
Maybe this will help MS track this down...

Luke T. Gatchell
Gatchell Enterprises

Quote:

>The virtual memory usage in more than one project is over 100 MB, and I am
>not dynamically allocating memory.  There is a large MSFlexGrid in one
>project, which bogs down more often.  Also, the VM usage increases each
time
>I run the program when developing.

>Robi Papp

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Memory leakage in VB 6
Are you working with any flat files?
I have had similar problems when reading and/or writing large text files.
--
Shawn Brock
Speedway SuperAmerica

Quote:
> The program runs fine when I start. After doing a few test runs, it gets
> significantly slower each time I try to run the app. The slowest is when

{snip}
Quote:
> >not dynamically allocating memory.  There is a large MSFlexGrid in one
> >project, which bogs down more often.  Also, the VM usage increases each
> time

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memory leakage in VB 3 Prof ?!

2. memory and resource leakage

3. Memory Leakage

4. Memory leakage with HP Printer Drivers

5. Memory leakage

6. Memory leakage & SysAllocString

7. memory leakage

8. A Memory Leakage?