InStr( & Trim() won't work...
Author Message
 InStr( & Trim() won't work...

It could be any one of a million things, but first thing check that the
under Options you have the "Auto List Members" option checked on each PC.
Also, if you have an error in your code up above where you're actually
typing (like unfinished With...End With, or something defined like "Dim
strMyVar as Strnig" then the popups won't appear.

Apart from that though I can't hep you.

Quote:
> Hi:

> I am a beginner in Visual Basic. I am programming in VBA in Excel in order
> to control some instrument.
> I met the following problem when I migrate my program among different
> computers.

> I copied all my files into a new computer, when I type inStr(blah,
blah...)
> & Trim(Blah). I can't see the pop-up
> window which tells me the arguments used in this function. Usually I saw
> this small yellow window as a hint
> for the syntax.

> My program fails on some machines and the error is something like
> "Object/function not found". The yellow
> pop-up window won't appear on these machines.

> Anyone have met such experience please advise, also please CC to

> --
> Best Regards,
> X. Q. J
> Engineer

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:54:44 GMT
 InStr( & Trim() won't work...
Here's a stupid question, does the target have the same version of Excel?

Quote:
> It could be any one of a million things, but first thing check that the
> under Options you have the "Auto List Members" option checked on each PC.
> Also, if you have an error in your code up above where you're actually
> typing (like unfinished With...End With, or something defined like "Dim
> strMyVar as Strnig" then the popups won't appear.

> Apart from that though I can't hep you.

> > Hi:

> > I am a beginner in Visual Basic. I am programming in VBA in Excel in
order
> > to control some instrument.
> > I met the following problem when I migrate my program among different
> > computers.

> > I copied all my files into a new computer, when I type inStr(blah,
> blah...)
> > & Trim(Blah). I can't see the pop-up
> > window which tells me the arguments used in this function. Usually I saw
> > this small yellow window as a hint
> > for the syntax.

> > My program fails on some machines and the error is something like
> > "Object/function not found". The yellow
> > pop-up window won't appear on these machines.

> > Anyone have met such experience please advise, also please CC to

> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > X. Q. J
> > Engineer

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 04:21:12 GMT

1. InStr( & Trim() won't work...

2. InStr( & Trim() won't work...

3. InStr( & Trim() won't work...

4. InStr( & Trim() won't work...

5. InStr( & Trim() won't work...

6. InStr( & Trim() won't work...

7. Why won't INSTR() work!!???

8. Date, Trim, STR Functions Don't Work

9. HELP! trim suddenly doesn't work

10. InStr doesn't work correctly in PowerPoint 97

11. simple ftp app developed on win98 won't work on win nt

12. Why doesn't this InStr syntax work?