Automtaing Off97 on Home XP using VB6.
Author Message
 Automtaing Off97 on Home XP using VB6.

I have an application developed in VB6 SP4 on a Win95 machine, which starts
Excel97 and uses it to produce an invoice.

When I install this application on a HomeXP machine with Office97 installed
the installation works fine.  However, when I try to create the invoice it
shuts the VB app down.  I have installed the same app on a WindNT4 machine
and all works okay.

Does anyone have any idea why?  Is there some trick with running VB/VBA
automation apps on XP operating systems?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Jason Woods

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:07:13 GMT
 Automtaing Off97 on Home XP using VB6.
It's likely a security issue.  The following article on my site has a few
suggestions about working around security issues on XP home, not sure if
they'll be helpful in narrowing it down.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2205

Quote:
> I have an application developed in VB6 SP4 on a Win95 machine, which
starts
> Excel97 and uses it to produce an invoice.

> When I install this application on a HomeXP machine with Office97
installed
> the installation works fine.  However, when I try to create the invoice it
> shuts the VB app down.  I have installed the same app on a WindNT4 machine
> and all works okay.

> Does anyone have any idea why?  Is there some trick with running VB/VBA
> automation apps on XP operating systems?

> Any help would be much appreciated.

> Regards

> Jason Woods

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:25:10 GMT
 Automtaing Off97 on Home XP using VB6.
Hi Jason,
VB6 sp4 was for win2000 updates. You need to get sp5 for XP updates.

John

Quote:
> I have an application developed in VB6 SP4 on a Win95 machine, which
starts
> Excel97 and uses it to produce an invoice.

> When I install this application on a HomeXP machine with Office97
installed
> the installation works fine.  However, when I try to create the invoice it
> shuts the VB app down.  I have installed the same app on a WindNT4 machine
> and all works okay.

> Does anyone have any idea why?  Is there some trick with running VB/VBA
> automation apps on XP operating systems?

> Any help would be much appreciated.

> Regards

> Jason Woods

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:18:38 GMT

1. installing vb6 enterprise with xp home

2. upgrade xp home to xp professional

3. vb dotNet Learning Edition on XP Home Edition??

4. Will VB .NET work w/ XP Home Edition?

5. VB.NET on Windows XP Home

6. VB .net on Windows XP Home

7. XP Home really not supported?

8. xp home edition compatible?

9. Visual Basic.net and Windows XP Home

10. API to determine XP Home from Professional

11. Add User on XP Home

12. where to write out registry ertries on xp home