huge forms/project crashes my vb6.exe
Author Message
 huge forms/project crashes my vb6.exe

hello anybody,

i've a big problem with my vb ide. i have some projects
with huge forms with many controls on them. when i try
to save or exit an running test my ide crashes down and
some source-files are corrupt. i'am not able to work with
this error. :( without saving and testing...

my environment:
-win2000 server
-visual studio 6 sp5
-standard exe
-installed .net beta2
-newest mdac
-512 mb
-60gb platte

thank you

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:42 GMT
 huge forms/project crashes my vb6.exe
Dunno why you are getting corrupt source: do you use sourcesafe? (aka
sourceunsafe)

As for ending the run: NEVER press the "Stop" button on the IDE toolbar.
That's equivalent to using the "End" statement in your program (don't do
that, either).

HTH, though I know it's not much.

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:
> hello anybody,

> i've a big problem with my vb ide. i have some projects
> with huge forms with many controls on them. when i try
> to save or exit an running test my ide crashes down and
> some source-files are corrupt. i'am not able to work with
> this error. :( without saving and testing...

> my environment:
> -win2000 server
> -visual studio 6 sp5
> -standard exe
> -installed .net beta2
> -newest mdac
> -512 mb
> -60gb platte

> thank you

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 00:19:01 GMT
 huge forms/project crashes my vb6.exe
i have sourcesave installed but not using it with this projekt.
mainly the .frx-file of a huge form getting corrupt.
for example: the .frx-File has before the crash 112kb
and after 15kb.

how to end a vb-test without the "stop"-Button or the command "end"?

Tobias Siudak

Quote:
> Dunno why you are getting corrupt source: do you use sourcesafe? (aka
> sourceunsafe)

> As for ending the run: NEVER press the "Stop" button on the IDE toolbar.
> That's equivalent to using the "End" statement in your program (don't do
> that, either).

> HTH, though I know it's not much.

> Jim Deutch
> MS Dev MVP

> > hello anybody,

> > i've a big problem with my vb ide. i have some projects
> > with huge forms with many controls on them. when i try
> > to save or exit an running test my ide crashes down and
> > some source-files are corrupt. i'am not able to work with
> > this error. :( without saving and testing...

> > my environment:
> > -win2000 server
> > -visual studio 6 sp5
> > -standard exe
> > -installed .net beta2
> > -newest mdac
> > -512 mb
> > -60gb platte

> > thank you

Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:48:18 GMT

1. My new MIDITimerTest project crashes when running .exe

2. VB6.0 Wizard generated master/detail forms give huge problems

3. VB6 crash when select Project->Reference

4. VB6 crashes when trying to add Common Dialog Control to a project

5. VB6.EXE keeps crashing (references CCW) - it is caught in VS.NET

6. How to fix VB6 crash while Writing EXE

7. VB6.EXE crash calling Help

8. VB6 EXE crash, with IDE OK. Event sink in VM60.dll

9. VB6 crashes while writing exe

10. vb6.exe crashes when started

11. Making exe will crash VB6 IDE

12. GPF in Krnl386.exe crashes VB5 IDE on unload of MDI child form