Application Failure in IE 6 when loading a VB OCX
Author Message
 Application Failure in IE 6 when loading a VB OCX

Hi,

I got an Ocx created in vb6 that uses Crystal Report 8.5
(no database access) to generate a report on a web page. I
also use MSXML 4.

Randomly I got application failures in IE6 (msvbvm60.dll)
when generating the report. It could take up to 6 times
before it happens and sometimes it happens the first time.
No pattern!

Looks like a memory problem.

I put the Dr. Watson log as attachment. The error happens
on Windows 98 SE and Windows Me as well. I haven't seen it
on Windows 2000 nor XP.

Any light on that would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Sebastien

  dw.log
< 1K Download

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 01:40:13 GMT
 Application Failure in IE 6 when loading a VB OCX
Your OCX seems quite complex contains Crystal Report, XML and so on.
Generally, we will suggest trying to troubleshoot in the following ways:

1. First, trying to find some pattern although the error may not happen
consistently. For example, will this error occur after specific operations?
If it will only happen when generating report, this tends to be Crystal
Report's issue.

2. To help verify the suspection above, trying to remove the Crystal Report
or some other objects includes one by one, will this affect the error? This
should help us identify the source greatly.

You can also consider open one incident with MS support and let's them do
the troublshooting steps for you.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Robin

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:21:41 GMT

1. IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

2. IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

3. Installation Failure on VB.NET application

4. How to Load IE with a Web site address for VB

5. Can I load IE within VB?

6. How To Load a web page in IE via VB

7. How to Load IE with a Web site address for VB

8. How to Load IE with a Web site address for VB

9. Segment Load Failure?

10. Data Manager Loading Failure

11. Data Manager loading failure

12. failure of loading control