checkig Japanese characters
Author Message
 checkig Japanese characters

Hi

I am developing an application using Vb 6.0( english
version of Visual studio). I need to check that the
character entered is alphabet or not.
I am using the user 32 dll IsCharAlpha for that purpose,
it works fine for english data, for Japanese I am using
IsCharAlphaW. But I am not getting the desired results. It
gives an error overflow.

i am using this code:-

Private Declare Function IsCharAlphaW Lib "user32" ( Byval
cChar as Byte) as long

If ( IsCharAlphaW(AscW(thischar))=0) then
        -----------
else
         ---------
end if

Please help me.
vishal

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 19:29:40 GMT
 checkig Japanese characters
Since Japanese caracters are in Unicode (2 bytes per char) I fail to see how
IsCharAlphaW (1 byte input) will work.

        -Andy
         http://dynamicbits.com

Quote:
> Hi

> I am developing an application using Vb 6.0( english
> version of Visual studio). I need to check that the
> character entered is alphabet or not.
> I am using the user 32 dll IsCharAlpha for that purpose,
> it works fine for english data, for Japanese I am using
> IsCharAlphaW. But I am not getting the desired results. It
> gives an error overflow.

> i am using this code:-

> Private Declare Function IsCharAlphaW Lib "user32" ( Byval
> cChar as Byte) as long

> If ( IsCharAlphaW(AscW(thischar))=0) then
>         -----------
> else
>          ---------
> end if

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 01:02:45 GMT

1. Outlook 2000 AppointmentItem .body Japanese Double byte characters

2. Read Outlook object with japanese characters

3. Kanji vs Kana Japanese characters

4. Displaying Japanese Characters

5. VB and Japanese characters

6. Displaying Japanese characters in VB 6.0

7. displaying japanese characters in a VB app

8. Display Japanese characters.

9. Help: Double Byte Character Set (Japanese, etc.)

10. How do i accept japanese character input?

11. How do I display Japanese characters ?

12. Support for japanese characters