VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs
Author Message
 VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs

I have a development machine running Win95 on which VB5 Pro has been
installed for a long time now. In order to use DCOM, I've upgraded to
VB6 Ent, and installed it on the same machine. Both VB5 Pro and VB6
Ent are now installed on the machine. In creating an ActiveX EXE (in
VB6 Ent), I experienced GPF's when testing more than one client
against the program. The details of the crash box showed the error to
be in Msvbvm50.dll. Yes, the ActiveX EXE running in VB6 Ent was
actually using Msvbvm50.dll. If I remove Msvbvm50.dll from the
machine, the program works perfectly.

I've compiled the program, and installed it on an NT Server machine
(v4, SP3). This machine already has many VB5-compiled programs
installed. When using the new component through DCOM, I encountered
the same problem on the NT Server machine - the program crashed until
I remove Msvbvm50.dll.

Permanent removal of Msvbvm50.dll isn't an option - we have too many
programs running which were created in VB5 Pro. Has anyone heard of a
problem such as this, or have any suggestions? This is a complete
show-stopper for us using VB6 Ent.

TIA,

Mathew W. Gower
Nanticoke Homes, Inc.

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs
You VB6 Dcom use some ActiveX or library from VB5 ?

Regards,

--
Hammett
http://www.puruca.com.br/gcs/

Quote:

>I have a development machine running Win95 on which VB5 Pro has been
>installed for a long time now. In order to use DCOM, I've upgraded to
>VB6 Ent, and installed it on the same machine. Both VB5 Pro and VB6
>Ent are now installed on the machine. In creating an ActiveX EXE (in
>VB6 Ent), I experienced GPF's when testing more than one client
>against the program. The details of the crash box showed the error to
>be in Msvbvm50.dll. Yes, the ActiveX EXE running in VB6 Ent was
>actually using Msvbvm50.dll. If I remove Msvbvm50.dll from the
>machine, the program works perfectly.

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:45:57 -0200, "Hammett"

Quote:

>You VB6 Dcom use some ActiveX or library from VB5 ?
>Hammett
>http://www.puruca.com.br/gcs/

The ActiveX EXE component uses/references a VB6E DLL, which in turn
uses/references a VB5P DLL. Even so, the VB5 DLL should use the VB5
library, and the VB6 DLL and EXE should be using the VB6 library,
without conflict... ?
Quote:
>>I have a development machine running Win95 on which VB5 Pro has been
>>installed for a long time now. In order to use DCOM, I've upgraded to
>>VB6 Ent, and installed it on the same machine. Both VB5 Pro and VB6
>>Ent are now installed on the machine. In creating an ActiveX EXE (in
>>VB6 Ent), I experienced GPF's when testing more than one client
>>against the program. The details of the crash box showed the error to
>>be in Msvbvm50.dll. Yes, the ActiveX EXE running in VB6 Ent was
>>actually using Msvbvm50.dll. If I remove Msvbvm50.dll from the
>>machine, the program works perfectly.

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs

Quote:

>The ActiveX EXE component uses/references a VB6E DLL, which in turn
>uses/references a VB5P DLL. Even so, the VB5 DLL should use the VB5
>library, and the VB6 DLL and EXE should be using the VB6 library,
>without conflict... ?

Your project is an ActiveX with Unnatended Execution? It its not, create a
simple ActiveX without user interaction and test. If an error occurs, it
will be logged.

Regards,

Hammett

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Installing VB5-Ent changes version of VB4-Pro

2. VB5 (ent) vs Visual Studio (ent) license issue

3. VB6 Std, Pro, or Ent

4. Kill a running program from VB5...?

5. ComCtl32 - Inslall VB5 program killed VB4 ToolBar Control

6. IE5 turns VB5 Pro into VB5 Learning Edition

7. Upgrade from vb5,0 Pro to vb5.0 Enterprise

8. VB6 Pro or Enterprise upgrade from VB5 Nedded!!

9. need some serious help (vb5 pro program)

10. CRW & VB5.0 pro - Set location

11. DBGrid & VB5 Pro

12. VB6 Ent & Web Pages