Error in initlize provide & Database is lockded exlusively by another user
Author Message
 Error in initlize provide & Database is lockded exlusively by another user

'*** Sample Code
Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim con As New ADODB.Connection
Dim strCon As String
strCon = "Provider=MicroSoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist Security Info=False;Data
Source=" & App.Path & "\database\laptopDb.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database
Password=MADSP3"
con.ConnectionString = strCon
'------------------------------------------------------------
rs.Open "select * from Customers", con 'Open using active connection
'-----------------------------OR---------------------------------
rs.Open "select * from Customers", strCon 'open using connection string
'---------------------------------------------------------

 rest of code run fine
'**********End of sample code**********************

What is the difference betn these two methods of opening recordset?
I used connection object instead of connection string on one form.
I deployed this application on many machine its work fine. But unfortunatly
it not working on client machine. Application shows following error when I
am going to open the form where I used connection object to open a
recordset.
"Error in initializing provider, application cannot open database, it is
exclusively locked by other user "
Also when I open the Data Report it opens an  one screen that I attached as
screenprint with this mail.

I found this same error during development time, when I open command object
properties in data environment window
Resolution for this error is remove the database password. So I  removed db
password temporary and make changes in command object properties, after work
done again I set the database password. It works fine

I installed this application on many machine ({*filter*}, with/wt IE 5, with/Wt
Visual Studio) its work fine but it unfortunaly on client machine it gives
an error. Client machine has win98 OS with IE 5.0 and he once installed &
removed Visual studio.I removed DB password but it dosen't work . only
probem on that form & data Report  rest is working fine.

Please suggest a suitable solution?

Development env:
 Win 98 with IE 5.0
 VB 6. 0  with sp4
 Access 2000
 MDAC 2.5

.

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:03:27 GMT
 Error in initlize provide & Database is lockded exlusively by another user
make sure the on the client m/c there is no other application accessing the
database u r trying to use in ur app. Access database can only be opened by
one application at a time.

Sameer

Quote:
> '*** Sample Code
> Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
> Dim con As New ADODB.Connection
> Dim strCon As String
> strCon = "Provider=MicroSoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Persist Security
Info=False;Data
> Source=" & App.Path & "\database\laptopDb.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database
> Password=MADSP3"
> con.ConnectionString = strCon
> '------------------------------------------------------------
> rs.Open "select * from Customers", con 'Open using active connection
> '-----------------------------OR---------------------------------
> rs.Open "select * from Customers", strCon 'open using connection string
> '---------------------------------------------------------

>  rest of code run fine
> '**********End of sample code**********************

> What is the difference betn these two methods of opening recordset?
> I used connection object instead of connection string on one form.
> I deployed this application on many machine its work fine. But
unfortunatly
> it not working on client machine. Application shows following error when I
> am going to open the form where I used connection object to open a
> recordset.
> "Error in initializing provider, application cannot open database, it is
> exclusively locked by other user "
> Also when I open the Data Report it opens an  one screen that I attached
as
> screenprint with this mail.

> I found this same error during development time, when I open command
object
> properties in data environment window
> Resolution for this error is remove the database password. So I  removed
db
> password temporary and make changes in command object properties, after
work
> done again I set the database password. It works fine

> I installed this application on many machine ({*filter*}, with/wt IE 5,
with/Wt
> Visual Studio) its work fine but it unfortunaly on client machine it gives
> an error. Client machine has win98 OS with IE 5.0 and he once installed &
> removed Visual studio.I removed DB password but it dosen't work . only
> probem on that form & data Report  rest is working fine.

> Please suggest a suitable solution?

> Development env:
>  Win 98 with IE 5.0
>  VB 6. 0  with sp4
>  Access 2000
>  MDAC 2.5

> .

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:53:15 GMT

1. Launching a database exlusively from another database

2. providing query design view to user

3. An application accessing an NT share and providing its own user name/password

4. An application accessing an NT share and providing its own user name/password

5. An application accessing an NT share and providing its own user name/password

6. Providing user with Printer Properties dialog box

7. Provide Data Entry, OCR & Scanning Services

8. User-defined error when the user doesn't define any errors

9. Provide Blank/Null Date Entry to Access Database

10. 16 bit & 32 bit users which database

11. Provide Blank/Null Date Entry to Access Database

12. Access database & Multi user question