VB6 will not start
Author Message
 VB6 will not start

NG,
I installed VB studio Enterprise Edition. All other programs work fine
but VB6 will not start. C++, Fox Pro, ECT starts fine. I tried to
install SP5 thinking that it would help, but SP5 will not install. I
have used this same program from the same CD on my other PC's at home
and it works fine on them. They run Windows 98 (1'st) and the other runs
Windows ME. This PC runs Windows 98SE (the one having the problems.) Any

Thanks,
Jason

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 04:38:18 GMT
 VB6 will not start

Quote:
> Windows 98SE (the one having the problems.)

Ironic that your post contained the above phrase. That is a good description
of Windows 98 SE.

Seem to remember Win98 sometimes just did "nothing" (i.e. "program does not
start") if a shortcut was pointing at a non-existent file? Maybe you need to
check the shortcuts.

Quote:
> Any suggestions?

Get Windows 2000 as soon as possible!

Why? That would be against the spirit of newsgroups which is to share
information!

Hope this helps (you and others),
Peter

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:58:07 GMT
 VB6 will not start
Jason,

I would try renaming VB registry entries, starting with:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0, name UI

Cheers,
Larry Rebich

More tips link to:
http://www.buygold.net/tips.html

Please:
No personal e-mail questions :-)

Quote:
> NG,
> I installed VB studio Enterprise Edition. All other programs work fine
> but VB6 will not start. C++, Fox Pro, ECT starts fine. I tried to
> install SP5 thinking that it would help, but SP5 will not install. I
> have used this same program from the same CD on my other PC's at home
> and it works fine on them. They run Windows 98 (1'st) and the other runs
> Windows ME. This PC runs Windows 98SE (the one having the problems.) Any

> Thanks,
> Jason

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:01:25 GMT

1. VB6 IDE Not keeping Start-Up setting

2. Macro not starting when starting word 97 with /m command

3. VB6 Bug - Clipboard emptied when starting vb6

4. Word not beeing started (not fast enough)

5. entrymacro is not started if field not empty and clicked

6. To VB6 or not to VB6

7. Starting Word and/or Word Viewer from VB6

8. Where to start converting from VC6, VB6 to VB.NET

9. VB6.0 User, Where to Start with VB7 ?

10. VB6 .exe doesn′t start on some Win 98-PCs

11. How to sent a keystroke to a dos-app started with the shell function in vb6

12. Height of start bar (VB6)