Program runs in IDE well, but EXE crashes
Author Message
 Program runs in IDE well, but EXE crashes

On a windows 2000 SP1 machine, with VB 6 SP5 i have a program
accessing an access 2000 database via ADO.

It runs without any problem in IDE, performing inserts, deletes. reports
with data report designer are ok.

when you generate the exe and run it, it works for some time, performs some
but during a load of a form or some insert/update it crashes with access
violation in NTDLL.DLL

On a win98 machine with VB6 without any SP, generated exe runs on that w98
machine w/o any problem.

I close all recordsets i use, set them to nothing. i load forms with vbmodal

what could be the cause?

thanx in advance.

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:09:47 GMT

1. VB 5.0 my program work in IDE but the .exe crash

2. Program crashes when compliled, but runs in IDE !

3. Help: Program crashes only when run as an .exe

4. VB.exe crashes every second time the program is run

5. VB.exe crashes every second time the program is run

6. GPF in Krnl386.exe crashes VB5 IDE on unload of MDI child form

7. krnl386.exe GPF crashes VB5 IDE on MDI child unload

8. VB6 EXE crash, with IDE OK. Event sink in VM60.dll

9. VB using COM crashed in IDE, exe is fine

10. COM callbacks, fine in IDE, crash in EXE

11. Making exe will crash VB6 IDE

12. Runs in IDE, Crashes After Setup