Using ADO w/ADO data control date problems
Author Message
 Using ADO w/ADO data control date problems

I am using an ADO data control. I have an array of text boxes bound to the
data control. The default 'type' property for the fields is adDate, so when
you blank out the text box or click in it and then leave it, thus leaving a
null string, it puts the date #8/31/1899# in the database. I need to have
the type set to adDBDate so it won't do this, but the field collection's
'type' property is read only. Does anyone know how to get around this?
Thanks.

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:18:30 GMT
 Using ADO w/ADO data control date problems
Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks.

Quote:
> I am using an ADO data control. I have an array of text boxes bound to the
> data control. The default 'type' property for the fields is adDate, so
when
> you blank out the text box or click in it and then leave it, thus leaving
> null string, it puts the date #8/31/1899# in the database. I need to have
> the type set to adDBDate so it won't do this, but the field collection's
> 'type' property is read only. Does anyone know how to get around this?
> Thanks.

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:08:27 GMT
 Using ADO w/ADO data control date problems

Quote:

> Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks.

What was the solution?  (I haven't seriously used the Data control since VB3)

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>     Got Thetans? <http://www.xenu.net/>

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:15:02 GMT

1. Using ADO Data Control on User Control as Data Source

2. Create User Control as Data Source Using ADO Data Control

3. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

4. Problems with ADO data control and data environment

5. MS ADO Data Controls and Data Envrironment problem

6. ADO Data Control and Date

7. Problem find a DATE (TIME) field using ADO

8. Problem finding a DATE (TIME) field using ADO and VB6

9. ADO, SQL Server, VB problem posted to the microsoft.public.data.ado group as well

10. Bind an ado recordset directly to an ado data control (adodc)

11. Problems with ADO Data Control in User Controls

12. ADO Libary or ADO Data control?