DataMemberChanged Fix (Q223099) -- New Problem
Author Message
 DataMemberChanged Fix (Q223099) -- New Problem

I am having a problem with the DataMemberChanged method
within a UserControl set as a vbDataSource.

The knowledgebase article (Q223099) indicates that
previously "The parameter passed into the
DataMemberChanged method is incorrectly interpreted and
the data consumers are not notified.".

Data consumers are now being notified as is indicated;
however the parameter is still being ignored as data
consumers are being notified for all datamembers.

This is a huge problem as 1 datamember changes, all of
the consumers regardless of which datamember they are
bound to think they have changed and refresh loosing
their record pointer and causing events to fire.  The
only workaround we have so far is to only setup 1
datamember per datasource control (which is highly
undesireable).

Here is an excerpt from my code (in the unlikely case I
am missing something):

Public Sub RefreshDataMember(strDataMember As String, _
        rs As ADODB.Recordset)
    m_DataMembers.Remove strDataMember
    m_DataMembers.Add rs, strDataMember
    DataMemberChanged strDataMember
End Sub

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:35:09 GMT

1. OK -- fixed the big problem -- how to fix little one

2. DataMemberChanged not correctly firing Class_GetDataMember

3. The 3048-Problem - Please, MS FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

4. Trying to change Email BODY.FONT via VBA to Courier New (ie fixed width)

5. Beta Testing of New IP Masking OCX - Fixed license issue

6. Beta Testing of New IP Masking OCX - Fixed license issue

7. Beta Testing of New IP Masking OCX - Fixed license issue

8. Fixed String and Fixed Array

9. *** FIX *** Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid *** FIX ***

10. New to CR 8 and quiet new to VB I have got some problems

11. The 3048-Error -Please MS - FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

12. problems when using 'fix' function