VB.NET and XP
Author Message
 VB.NET and XP

Hello Again.  I'm in need.  I have Windows 2k Pro and Win XP Home.  I
installed VB.NET Standard on the 2k drive.  I created a setup file for my
project and ran it on the XP.  I also installed the "Framework".  But some
visual styles work when i use a .manifest. And none with out the manifest.
I'd figure that .NET would support xp stuff.  But noooo!

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:22:21 GMT
 VB.NET and XP
I think you are correct.  By coincidence, I just read this Dr. GUI, where he
explains it...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dn_voices_askgui/html/askgui1...
.asp?frame=true

Quote:
> Hello Again.  I'm in need.  I have Windows 2k Pro and Win XP Home.  I
> installed VB.NET Standard on the 2k drive.  I created a setup file for my
> project and ran it on the XP.  I also installed the "Framework".  But some
> visual styles work when i use a .manifest. And none with out the manifest.
> I'd figure that .NET would support xp stuff.  But noooo!

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:30:18 GMT
 VB.NET and XP
This is the second time this happened to me.  MS needs start updating stuff.
Also, I've found that if the FlatStyle Prop is set to System it works for
some.  But I want images in my buttons and the tabs are grey insted of the
texture.

Quote:
> I think you are correct.  By coincidence, I just read this Dr. GUI, where
he
> explains it...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dn_voices_askgui/html/askgui1...
Quote:
> .asp?frame=true

> > Hello Again.  I'm in need.  I have Windows 2k Pro and Win XP Home.  I
> > installed VB.NET Standard on the 2k drive.  I created a setup file for
my
> > project and ran it on the XP.  I also installed the "Framework".  But
some
> > visual styles work when i use a .manifest. And none with out the
manifest.
> > I'd figure that .NET would support xp stuff.  But noooo!

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:18:51 GMT

1. VB.Net 2003 XP Visual Styles

2. Problem using CreateFile with VB.Net on XP

3. Installing VB.net on XP

4. VB.NET need XP/2000 or NT?

5. How do I run vb.Net on XP Home edtion?

6. xp, vb, vb.net

7. mailmerge with word97,2000,xp using vb.net,vb6

8. mailmerge with word97,2000,xp using vb6,vb.net

9. How to: Fax Merge for MS WORD XP , code in vb.NET

10. Windows XP replacment Shell In VB.NET quesiton

11. Win32 API for VB.net on a Windows XP Professional OS

12. VB.NET and my XP configuration