Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install
Author Message
 Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install

Hi I've been trying all day to install Visual Studio/VB/VJ from select
CD's and have had no problem installing the apps, but the msdn help
will NOT install. It refuses to accept the app install CD *OR* the
MSDN cds 1,2 or 3.

If I click cancel it says I can install it seperately but if I do so
the help menus on all the apps still return an error:

"The MSDN collection does not exist. Please reinstall MSDN"

This ain't no way to run a railroad..! Thanks for any help any of you
can offer...

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install

Did you uninstall the earlier version of the MSDN?

Michael D. Long
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/heights/9478/

Quote:
> Hi I've been trying all day to install Visual Studio/VB/VJ from select
> CD's and have had no problem installing the apps, but the msdn help
> will NOT install. It refuses to accept the app install CD *OR* the
> MSDN cds 1,2 or 3.

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install
Never had it installed. MS Has acknowledged this problem, they shipped the
wrong MSDN Cd's they should have been August, ended up with July... now the
problem is how to get the proper cd's in a hurry.. har-dee-har... :)
Quote:

>Did you uninstall the earlier version of the MSDN?

>> Hi I've been trying all day to install Visual Studio/VB/VJ from select
>> CD's and have had no problem installing the apps, but the msdn help
>> will NOT install. It refuses to accept the app install CD *OR* the
>> MSDN cds 1,2 or 3.

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install
Try the MDSN Library Cd's from MS beta evaluation program vol.38, disks M
and N - they work fine till now ...

Matthias

hjk schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>Never had it installed. MS Has acknowledged this problem, they shipped the
>wrong MSDN Cd's they should have been August, ended up with July... now the
>problem is how to get the proper cd's in a hurry.. har-dee-har... :)

>>Did you uninstall the earlier version of the MSDN?

>>> Hi I've been trying all day to install Visual Studio/VB/VJ from select
>>> CD's and have had no problem installing the apps, but the msdn help
>>> will NOT install. It refuses to accept the app install CD *OR* the
>>> MSDN cds 1,2 or 3.

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install
Don't got 'em either.. care to share? :)

Quote:
>Try the MDSN Library Cd's from MS beta evaluation program vol.38, disks M
>and N - they work fine till now ...

>Matthias

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Installing SP2 for all of Visual Studio, after its been installed for VB.

2. A question about installing SP2 for Visual Studio, after having installed it for VB.

3. Why Won't the MSDN CD Install?

4. MSDN((VB6) won't install

5. My Program won't install on another computer, have VB studio Pro

6. I can't install visual studio 6 ,about Update MS virtual machine for Java

7. Can't get Visual Studio and VB 6.0 to re-install

8. Installing Visual Studio's Sample Benefits application

9. ADO CE SDK 1.0 won't install - says VB5 not installed

10. help me please(new to visual basic)problem with installing the msdn library

11. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install

12. Help: How to install Visual Studio Installer