run-time error 13
Author Message
 run-time error 13

I've distributed my VB application to all branches in my
company. The application uses ADO to search a SQL Server
200 database. It runs fine in most of branches. However,
in some branches, when you try to run a search function,
it returns following error message: "Run-time error 13:
type mismatch". The other non-database related functions
are not affected. I've also tested it on Windows 95, 98
and 2000 machines in my branch and all runs fine. Any
advices and suggestions? Thanks.

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:29:02 GMT
 run-time error 13
Have seen this before and solved it as follows :-

Check the PC's Regional Setting Control Panel.

Make sure that the " decimal symbol " under the " Number " and " Currency "
tabs are set to full stops ( . ) and NOT commas ( , )

DaveO

Quote:
> I've distributed my VB application to all branches in my
> company. The application uses ADO to search a SQL Server
> 200 database. It runs fine in most of branches. However,
> in some branches, when you try to run a search function,
> it returns following error message: "Run-time error 13:
> type mismatch". The other non-database related functions
> are not affected. I've also tested it on Windows 95, 98
> and 2000 machines in my branch and all runs fine. Any
> advices and suggestions? Thanks.

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:49:38 GMT

1. Type Mismatch Run-Time error 13

2. Run-Time error 13

3. Opening a Recordset - Run-Time error 13

4. Type mismatch, run-time error #13

5. VBA run-time error 13 on Word '02 (or '97) exit

6. Run Time Error 13

7. Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch

8. Run time error 13- on vb6 executable

9. run time error 13, data type mismatch !

10. run-time error 13

11. "Run-time error 13: Type Mismatch"

12. Function to return ADODB.recordset: runtime error 13