BEEP statement does not beep! 
Author Message
 BEEP statement does not beep!

The same VB applications beeps on some computers while does not beep on
others. The PC speaker it's OK. I tried also some API functions
(MessageBeep, Beep). No sound! Is there an explanation ?
Many thanks


Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:40:32 GMT  
 BEEP statement does not beep!
Hi Dan:

Quote:
> The PC speaker it's OK. I tried also some API functions
> (MessageBeep, Beep). No sound!

Sounds to me like they don't have any sounds associated (via the Control Panel).

Doug.



Mon, 06 Oct 2003 02:11:58 GMT  
 BEEP statement does not beep!
Quote:
> Sounds to me like they don't have any sounds associated (via the Control

Panel).

Via the Control panel | Sounds, I can associate .wav files to some events.
But I
don't intend to use the sound card, but the PC speaker ! I only need to hear
a short beep on PC speaker (i.e. when the user presses a wrong key).

Dan



Mon, 06 Oct 2003 02:41:28 GMT  
 BEEP statement does not beep!
When you use a simple beep command, usually it beeps the motherboard speaker
and
not the sound card speakers.  Are you sure the speaker is plugged into the
mainboard on all the machines?
Not to mention that in the BIOS, motherboard speakers can be disabled.  I'd
take a second look.
Hope this helps.


Quote:
> The same VB applications beeps on some computers while does not beep on
> others. The PC speaker it's OK. I tried also some API functions
> (MessageBeep, Beep). No sound! Is there an explanation ?
> Many thanks



Mon, 06 Oct 2003 03:30:32 GMT  
 BEEP statement does not beep!
I've also found that some computer manufacturers are burying the speaker in a
way that makes it almost inaudible. Dell is famous for this. They apparently
assume that nobody needs to hear the old-fashioned speakers.
Quote:

> When you use a simple beep command, usually it beeps the motherboard speaker
> and
> not the sound card speakers.  Are you sure the speaker is plugged into the
> mainboard on all the machines?
> Not to mention that in the BIOS, motherboard speakers can be disabled.  I'd
> take a second look.
> Hope this helps.



> > The same VB applications beeps on some computers while does not beep on
> > others. The PC speaker it's OK. I tried also some API functions
> > (MessageBeep, Beep). No sound! Is there an explanation ?
> > Many thanks



Mon, 06 Oct 2003 04:07:57 GMT  
 BEEP statement does not beep!
Hi Dan:

Quote:
> > The PC speaker it's OK. I tried also some API functions
> > (MessageBeep, Beep). No sound!

Ahh...I see -- I was thinking the other way around.

As some other have suggested, it may be that the internal speaker
is not hooked, not very load, or simply not there.

Doug.



Mon, 06 Oct 2003 05:09:35 GMT  
 BEEP statement does not beep!

Quote:
> As some other have suggested, it may be that the internal speaker
> is not hooked, not very load, or simply not there.

It is ! I can hear another sounds in the internal speaker (i.e. the first
beep when the computer starts). But the Beep statement (and the MessageBeep
API function, wich is called by Beep statement) don't work.
I think the problem is with the driver for the 'System speaker' device (that
appears in Control Panel - System - Device manager - System devices). Very
strange ! Maybe Microsoft considers that the old-fashioned internal speaker
is not important. But it still exists!

Dan



Mon, 06 Oct 2003 23:42:18 GMT  
 BEEP statement does not beep!
I bleieve the default beep will only go through the speaker if there's no
other sound card available.
Disable all other wave audio output devices (e.g. that soundcard built into
the motherboard) and see if that solves your problem..

Good luck,
Steve Bavin


Quote:
> > Sounds to me like they don't have any sounds associated (via the Control
> Panel).

> Via the Control panel | Sounds, I can associate .wav files to some events.
> But I
> don't intend to use the sound card, but the PC speaker ! I only need to
hear
> a short beep on PC speaker (i.e. when the user presses a wrong key).

> Dan



Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:47:44 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Beep Beep Beep

2. gw-basic & windows95:BEEP does not beep

3. Beep won't beep

4. BEEP BEEP

5. Beep Beep !

6. One beep, Two beep, Three...

7. My beep wont beep

8. Beep Beep

9. Beep statement

10. not BEEP

11. "Beep" command does not work

12. BEEPing not working

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software