How to grab your own i.p
Author Message
 How to grab your own i.p

you will need to get into a bunch of win32 API calls to do this.  please ask
your question again in the microsoft.public.vb.winapi or
microsoft.public.vb.winapi.networks newsgroups and I am sure someone in
there has an example or something to help.

and please do not cross post like this.

thanks
Kirk

Quote:
>Hello
>I have Visual Basic 5.0 learning edition.
>I am writing a small application and I need Visual Basic 5.0 to grab my own
>I.P

>Does anyone have any ideas?

>Thank you in advance.

>Charlie

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to grab your own i.p
Put a copy of the winsock control on your form....  Read the IPAddress
value..  I think that works..

Jon

Quote:
>Hello
>I have Visual Basic 5.0 learning edition.
>I am writing a small application and I need Visual Basic 5.0 to grab my own
>I.P

>Does anyone have any ideas?

>Thank you in advance.

>Charlie

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to grab your own i.p
Hi Charles:

Quote:
>I have Visual Basic 5.0 learning edition.
>I am writing a small application and I need Visual Basic 5.0 to grab my own
>I.P

>Does anyone have any ideas?

One method you could do this, is to add the MSInet control (or it could be
the Winsock control) to your form, then you can read the IP when the form
loads.

Hope this helps,

Doug.
P.S.  Please don't spam all of the newsgroups -- pick the group that best
suits your question.

Thanks.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to grab your own i.p

2. How to grab your own i.p

3. How to grab your own IP

4. Grab a field in a record

5. Grab current Form name?

6. Newbie...Need to grab Parent and Child Recordsets

7. trying to grab data in a formula

8. Grab code from Form ?

9. Grabbing the NT or 95 domains passwords

10. Grabbing the first two sentances of a memo field

11. Grabbing the Novell Logon ID

12. grabbing number from the end of a string