DataCombo _Change event not occurring
Author Message
 DataCombo _Change event not occurring

I am using VB6.0 SP5

I have a DataCombo control bound to an ADO recordset (using Provider MSDASQL to a local
MSDE server) that includes customer_ID and customer_fullname fields. The .BoundText property
of the DataCombo is the customer_ID and the .Text property is the customer_fullname field.

The program is written so that the _Change event uses the .BoundText and .SelectedItem
properties to update other fields on the form when the user changes the selected customer.

We've now got two customers called Kim Andresen. The _Change event is not occurring
when the user changes from one to the other on the DataCombo drop down list.
The .BoundText and .SelectedItem properties are being updated.

1)  Is this a bug ? Is the _Change event supposed to occur every time the selected
    record is changed ?

2)  What is the best way for the program to actually detect when the selected
    record has changed given that the _Change event is not occurring ?

Bruce

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:47:27 GMT
 DataCombo _Change event not occurring
When user selects an item in the list (index > -1), or not select,
(ListIndex = -1) the Click even occurs.
When user types in the text area of the combo box, the Change Event
occurs.

Quote:

> I am using VB6.0 SP5

> I have a DataCombo control bound to an ADO recordset (using Provider
MSDASQL to a local
> MSDE server) that includes customer_ID and customer_fullname fields. The
.BoundText property
> of the DataCombo is the customer_ID and the .Text property is the

customer_fullname field.

Quote:

> The program is written so that the _Change event uses the .BoundText and
.SelectedItem
> properties to update other fields on the form when the user changes the
selected customer.

> We've now got two customers called Kim Andresen. The _Change event is not
occurring
> when the user changes from one to the other on the DataCombo drop down
list.
> The .BoundText and .SelectedItem properties are being updated.

> 1)  Is this a bug ? Is the _Change event supposed to occur every time the
selected
>     record is changed ?

> 2)  What is the best way for the program to actually detect when the
selected
>     record has changed given that the _Change event is not occurring ?

> Bruce

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:31:15 GMT

1. Label change event not occurring when Message Box displayed

2. NewMail event does not occur during startup

3. NewMail event does not occur during startup

4. Why did not the KeyPress event occur?

5. GotFocus event not occurring after MsgBox

6. DataCombo Change Event

7. KeyDown Event of Form Not working when Datacombo Control got focus

8. Can not cancel changes made using DataCombo!!!

9. Can not cancel changes made using DataCombo!!!

10. Form close event occurs before lost focus event

11. Can not cancel changes made using DataCombo!!!

12. ComboBox Change Event Does not fire when user changes selection