Unable to display help
Author Message
 Unable to display help

I have Windows NT 4.0 with SP6, Visual Basic 6 with SP5, MDAC 2.6 with SP1,
MSDN library july 2001 and problem with displaying help!

Help in VB is working fine, references and all, but when I press F1 on an
ADO method (or property) 2.6 I get error "Unable to display help". If I use
older version (2.1) it works fine.

On knowledge base I found solution for older version of VB and ado -
Q251147, but for new version there is no help

Thanks for suggestions.

Dussan

P.S. Please, send also e-mail...

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:21:27 GMT
 Unable to display help
This can be caused by a missing ado260.chi and ado260.chm.  You can get
those from your MSDN CD and just copy them into c:\winnt\help.  If that
still doesn't work, your MSDN library may be looking in Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MSDN\<date>\1033 for the files, so just copy
them into there.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support

--------------------
| Subject: Unable to display help

| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.vb.database.ado,microsoft.public.vb.database,microsoft.publ
ic.vb.bugs
| Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:21:27 -0700
|
| I have Windows NT 4.0 with SP6, Visual Basic 6 with SP5, MDAC 2.6 with
SP1,
| MSDN library july 2001 and problem with displaying help!
|
| Help in VB is working fine, references and all, but when I press F1 on an
| ADO method (or property) 2.6 I get error "Unable to display help". If I
use
| older version (2.1) it works fine.
|
| On knowledge base I found solution for older version of VB and ado -
| Q251147, but for new version there is no help
|
| Thanks for suggestions.
|
| Dussan
|
| P.S. Please, send also e-mail...

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:37:30 GMT
 Unable to display help

Quote:
> I have Windows NT 4.0 with SP6, Visual Basic 6 with SP5, MDAC 2.6 with SP1,
> MSDN library july 2001 and problem with displaying help!

> Help in VB is working fine, references and all, but when I press F1 on an
> ADO method (or property) 2.6 I get error "Unable to display help". If I use
> older version (2.1) it works fine.

> On knowledge base I found solution for older version of VB and ado -
> Q251147, but for new version there is no help.

If I recall correctly, the work-around was to copy all of the ADO help files
to the \winnt\help directory.

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 06:08:00 GMT
 Unable to display help

Quote:

>> I have Windows NT 4.0 with SP6, Visual Basic 6 with SP5, MDAC 2.6 with
>> SP1, MSDN library july 2001 and problem with displaying help!

>> Help in VB is working fine, references and all, but when I press F1 on
>> an ADO method (or property) 2.6 I get error "Unable to display help".
>> If I use older version (2.1) it works fine.

>> On knowledge base I found solution for older version of VB and ado -
>> Q251147, but for new version there is no help.

>If I recall correctly, the work-around was to copy all of the ADO help
>files to the \winnt\help directory.

Sorry, but it does't help...

I copy file ADO210.CHM from c:\Program files\Common Files\System\Ado into
\winnt\help but I still get errors...

THX, Dussan

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:49:13 GMT
 Unable to display help

Quote:

> >If I recall correctly, the work-around was to copy all of the ADO help
> >files to the \winnt\help directory.

> Sorry, but it does't help...
> I copy file ADO210.CHM from c:\Program files\Common Files\System\Ado into
> \winnt\help but I still get errors...

ADO210.CHM?   In your initial post, you said you were using MDAC 2.6.
Why are you trying to use the 2.1 help files and not the 2.6 help files?

Download and install the MDAC 2.6 SDK.
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm#26SDKinfo
That will install the ado260.chi and ado260.chm files.

If VB's F1 key still doesn't work for ADO (after installing the MDAC 2.6 SDK),
then try copying both the ado260.chi and ado260.chm files to the \winnt\help directory.

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman
Microsoft Visual Basic MVP
http://www.able-consulting.com

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:06:57 GMT
 Unable to display help

Quote:
>Download and install the MDAC 2.6 SDK.
>http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm#26SDKinfo
>That will install the ado260.chi and ado260.chm files.

>If VB's F1 key still doesn't work for ADO (after installing the MDAC 2.6
>SDK), then try copying both the ado260.chi and ado260.chm files to the
>\winnt\help directory.

I only istall MDAC 2.6 SP1, not MDAC SDK... Now, after installation and
copying files to winnt\help, it works fine.

THANKS for help!

Dussan

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:26:09 GMT

1. unable to display help

2. Unable to display Help Msg

3. 'Unable to Display Help' (MSDN files)

4. "Unable to display help" error message

5. Unable to display help

6. Unable to display help

7. unable to display help

8. "unable to display help" in VB

9. Unable to display Help: error message from Embedded Visual Tools 3.0

10. VB 6.0 sp5 "Unable to display help" when F1 is used....

11. VB 6.0 sp5 "Unable to display help" when F1 is used....

12. help doesn't work - unable to display Find tab