Registry Problems - Please Help...
Author Message
 Registry Problems - Please Help...

Can anyone provide me with some advice regarding what actions I should
take in order to solve the problem. First I'll describe my problems :
-1- Whenever I'm trying to run a Visual Basic 6.0 program, which holds
entries in the registry, an error message is prompted to me, saying :
"component is not correctly registered"
-2- I had this problem that whenever I tried to access the poject ->
references tab a message was prompted to me, saying : "Error accessing
system registry". I fix this by following up the instructions
regarding the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib" branch (Exporting from
RegEdit to a file ; Deleting the branch in regedit ; Importing the
exported file back to RegEdit) (I found similar problem from
1997/12/18 in microsoft.public.vb.bugs discussion group).
As a result I was no more recieved this message but I faced another
problem. When I open the reference tab, I could view only the
references which are being used in the current active project and not
all the references available, even though they exist in the system.
-3- I'm having another problem when trying to access the designer and
insertable folders from the Project -> Components tab. These folders
are displayed empty and a "File not found" message is prompted to me.
I don't know if this means anything but the same situation evolved a
message something like : "Opening the registry key of configuration
was failed". The "File not found" message appeared only after I tried
to Restore the former state of the registry from ms-dos prompt command
line (swapping between the {user.da0 ; user.dat} and {system.da0 ;
system.dat}.
In my attempts to overcome these problems, I tried also :
a. Using the "RegClean" software to find errors in registry.
b. Reinstalling VB.
None of these 3 actions made any change.

I want to sent a great thanks in advance for any help which you would
provide me !

                                        Boris A.

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:15:05 GMT

1. Major Registry Problems (Please Help!)

2. Registry Problems Help Please! - registry.bas (0/1)

3. Registry Problems Help Please! - registry.bas (1/1)

4. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

5. Reading Registry value, help me please,please

6. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

7. Cloning problem -- please please please help

8. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

9. Unusual results writing longs to Registry (please help)

10. registry help please

11. help please: example of seeing of a registry key exists

12. Retreiving a value from registry...please help