VB6: Error 3447 VbaJet Failed to initialize
Author Message
 VB6: Error 3447 VbaJet Failed to initialize

When I install my application (with DAO351) on user machine it gives error
message 3447, VbaJet.dll failed to initialize.
Problem can be fixed by installing mac_typ.exe on user machine (file is on
VB6 CD). File is almost 8MB and it complicates the installation procedure.
Is there anyone out there with a better solution.

Dejan Nakarada-Kordic

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6: Error 3447 VbaJet Failed to initialize
The following is what I have received fom microsoft re: error 3447 -

After some research , I have found the most common cause of this
Behavior appears to be due to a 6.0 version of vbajet32.dll which
requires another file, expsrv.dll. The vb5dep.ini doesn't list
expsrv.dll,  so it isn't automatically included. Here are three thing
that have resolve this error in the past:

 1 ) modify the vb5dep.ini file this will actually add expsrv.dll to all
future distributions.

(a) Rename and save vb5dep.ini into another directory and than add the
following to the file:
 [VBAJet32.dll]
 Dest=$(WinSysPathSysFile)
 Uses1=ExpSrv.dll 'line added
 CABFileName=MSJet35.cab
 CABDefaultURL=http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5
 CABINFFile=MSJet35.inf

 (b) Re-create distribution

 (2) Use the DAO re-distribtion setup that comes with VB6 on targets
where install failing. The setup can be found on Disk3\Daosdk\Redist,
with 3 folders, which equate to 3 floppies.

 (3) When running Application setup wizard, just make sure to add
expsrv.dll to the distribution during the Add Files Dialog.

 Please let me know if this helped.

  SUP Supplement

 re: error 3447

 I am still getting error 3447 after changing all that I could change
seeing as:

 a. I do not have VB 6.0 to glean the DAO re-distribution setup from I
am using VB 5.0 Pro

 b. The error is occuring at design time when I try to run a debug (I
haven't gotten to the compiling stage yet) Any more suggestions? I also
changed the vb5dep.ini as suggested in the first contact.

  MSR Microsoft Reply

  Source: Microsoft Originated
  Subject: error 3447

 Hello Donnel,

 Thanks for your question on Microsoft Visual Basic.

 There are a few more things we can try.
 First what are you using for the Dao object library ,is it
 DAO 3.5 or to DAO 2.5/3.5 compatibility? If it is the
 latter, what happens if you change to straight 3.5?
 Does this happen in all projects, even a brand new one?
 There have been some cases where either MSJet35.dll or
 msrd2x35.dll files are missing or corrupt. What versions
 do you have for these files?
 Look forward to hearing from you.

 Please let me know if this helped.

I hope these have helped you more than they helped me!

--
The TAZ
-------------

 ooo0
( ( )
 \ (   0ooo
  \_)  ( ) )
        ) /
 ooo0  (_/
( ( )
 \ (   0ooo
  \_)  ( ) )
        ) /
       (_/

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. error 3447 - vbajet failed to initialize

2. Runtime Err:3447 - can't initialize VBAJET or VBAJET32 dll's -HELP

3. Runtime Err:3447 - can't initialize VBAJET or VBAJET32 dll's -HELP

4. Runtime Err:3447 - can't initialize VBAJET or VBAJET32 dll's -HELP

5. Runtime Err:3447 - can't initialize VBAJET or VBAJET32 dll's -HELP

6. Runtime Err:3447 - can't initialize VBAJET or VBAJET32 dll's -HELP

7. Error 3447 - VBAJET32.dll failed to initialize

8. Error 3447: vbajet32 failed to initialize...

9. Error 3447: VBAJET.dll error (Urgent)

10. Error 3447: VBAJET.dll error (Urgent)

11. Error 3447 The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.DLL for 16-bit versions,

12. Error 3447 vbajet