ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU
Author Message
 ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

Quote:

> ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

Living in the middle of the United States, I'm glad you told me about
this.... I would have otherwise been completely unaware.

Maybe we can use VB to hack the EU government and fix the documents so
that it is legal again?

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:01:23 GMT
 ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

Living in the middle of the EU (and wishing I didn't) I find this
information almost as disinteresting as the EU laws on the size and shape of
a banana. The US has a lot to be grateful for, not least of which is not
belonging to the EU.

Quote:

> > ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

> Living in the middle of the United States, I'm glad you told me about
> this.... I would have otherwise been completely unaware.

> Maybe we can use VB to hack the EU government and fix the documents so
> that it is legal again?

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:48:56 GMT
 ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU
Living in Australia and producing Beef is almost as bad as being in the EU.
We have to make all the EU certifications on livestock so that it can be
exported to the EU.

If I can eat it why can't the {*filter*}y EU.  They are a case of bureaucracy
gone mad.  Make the UN look like a well organised and coherent group

Matt

Quote:

> Living in the middle of the EU (and wishing I didn't) I find this
> information almost as disinteresting as the EU laws on the size and shape
of
> a banana. The US has a lot to be grateful for, not least of which is not
> belonging to the EU.

> > > ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

> > Living in the middle of the United States, I'm glad you told me about
> > this.... I would have otherwise been completely unaware.

> > Maybe we can use VB to hack the EU government and fix the documents so
> > that it is legal again?

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:36:09 GMT
 ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

The UK is in the same position. Following BSE we have the safest beef in
Europe, but the French refuse to allow it's import, despite the fact that
it's against EU law to refuse. I think you'll find that the EU really means
"What France wants" and what France wants is everyone to subsidise their
farmers.

Quote:
> Living in Australia and producing Beef is almost as bad as being in the
EU.
> We have to make all the EU certifications on livestock so that it can be
> exported to the EU.

> If I can eat it why can't the {*filter*}y EU.  They are a case of bureaucracy
> gone mad.  Make the UN look like a well organised and coherent group

> Matt

> > Living in the middle of the EU (and wishing I didn't) I find this
> > information almost as disinteresting as the EU laws on the size and
shape
> of
> > a banana. The US has a lot to be grateful for, not least of which is not
> > belonging to the EU.

> > > Living in the middle of the United States, I'm glad you told me about
> > > this.... I would have otherwise been completely unaware.

> > > Maybe we can use VB to hack the EU government and fix the documents so
> > > that it is legal again?

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:40:44 GMT
 ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU
Well Steve,  This thread is about as off topic as you can get but I just
can't help one more post.  My humblest apologies for continuing this thread
to the rest of you. I will not continue it past here.

The EU has spent years crawling to the French and from this side of the
world, where the French test their Nukes and dump their other garbage there
is not a lot of sympathy for them.  If they are not polluting our
environment they are cluttering up our television screens with images of
French farmers crying poor at the pittance that they get for their products.
It is about time that some politician in the EU got up one morning, smelt
the coffee in the morning instead of just drinking it, and took a step back
from the micro economics of the EU and examined the fact that they are only
a small part of a big world.  Agriculture is a business. (I know that the
French don't understand this) and that in the world of business one has to
compete.

If the farmers in Australia and Argentina can grow the produce, ship it half
way around the world and sell it at a profit for less than the EU producer
can produce it. The question is not how big a subsidy the EU must pay but to
keep their agricultural sector limping along BUT what is wrong with the EU
production process that their farmers can not make money in a world market.

This same question also has to be asked of the Government of the United
States,  they are the supposed bastion of Free Trade but they to just can't
help themselves.  They have to subsidise and protect their Agricultural
Sector from the reality of the market place.

Here in Australia the Agricultural Sector is strong and enjoying strong
prices.  In the area of beef some say that the prices are the best for 20
years but I can still buy rump steak for $10 a kilo in the butchers shop.
We have restrictions on the import of many agricultural products but these
restrictions are not in the main quotas or the like. They are designed to
keep diseases which Australia does not have out of the country. (One
advantage of being an island).

I am more than happy to respond to anyone who wishes privately but I will
not waste any more bandwidth on this thread in this group.

Quote:

> The UK is in the same position. Following BSE we have the safest beef in
> Europe, but the French refuse to allow it's import, despite the fact that
> it's against EU law to refuse. I think you'll find that the EU really
means
> "What France wants" and what France wants is everyone to subsidise their
> farmers.

> > Living in Australia and producing Beef is almost as bad as being in the
> EU.
> > We have to make all the EU certifications on livestock so that it can be
> > exported to the EU.

> > If I can eat it why can't the {*filter*}y EU.  They are a case of bureaucracy
> > gone mad.  Make the UN look like a well organised and coherent group

> > Matt

> > > Living in the middle of the EU (and wishing I didn't) I find this
> > > information almost as disinteresting as the EU laws on the size and
> shape
> > of
> > > a banana. The US has a lot to be grateful for, not least of which is
not
> > > belonging to the EU.

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:08:35 GMT

1. ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

2. ALERT! Dietary Supplements Outlawed in EU

3. ***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***

4. On Error Resume Next outlawed by MSFT?

5. File/Folder(s) copying and supplementing

6. File/Folder(s) copying and supplementing

7. best dog supplements

8. supplement to my problem

9. take out alert message in Access97

10. reminder/alert

11. Alerts on LANs

12. Additional Record Locking alert for multiuser environment