control not registered after SP 3
Author Message
 control not registered after SP 3

Hi there;
I have just installed VBSP3 noticed that the properties of some of the
controls (eg. toolbar or tabstrib from the common windows controls
(comctl32.ocx) can't be accessed anymore. I am able to place the control on
a form but when accessing the properties following message pops up:

Class not registered
Looking for object with CLSID: {7EBDAAE2-8120-11CF-899F-00AA00688B10}

I looked in the registry and couldn't the CLSID but I have found references
to the toolbar or tabstrip with a different CLSID.

By the way, I also tried to reinstall VB 5.0 but it didn't help.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thomas Born

Chevron Computer Consultants

PS. I have tried other controls some work some not,  but the funny thing is
that the CLSID that is displayed in the error message seems to be the same.
There are basically three CLSID's: 7EBDAAE0-....., 7EBDAAE1-...... and
7EBDAAE2-....

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 control not registered after SP 3
Some controls included in SP2 are not in SP3...

Quote:
> Hi there;
> I have just installed VBSP3 noticed that the properties of some of the
> controls (eg. toolbar or tabstrib from the common windows controls
> (comctl32.ocx) can't be accessed anymore. I am able to place the control
on
> a form but when accessing the properties following message pops up:

> Class not registered
> Looking for object with CLSID: {7EBDAAE2-8120-11CF-899F-00AA00688B10}

> I looked in the registry and couldn't the CLSID but I have found
references
> to the toolbar or tabstrip with a different CLSID.

> By the way, I also tried to reinstall VB 5.0 but it didn't help.

> Any help on this would be appreciated!

> Thomas Born

> Chevron Computer Consultants

> PS. I have tried other controls some work some not,  but the funny thing
is
> that the CLSID that is displayed in the error message seems to be the
same.
> There are basically three CLSID's: 7EBDAAE0-....., 7EBDAAE1-...... and
> 7EBDAAE2-....

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 control not registered after SP 3
This still doesn't explain that I can't view the properties of the controls!
Is there anyone who experienced the same?
Quote:

>Some controls included in SP2 are not in SP3...

>> Hi there;
>> I have just installed VBSP3 noticed that the properties of some of the
>> controls (eg. toolbar or tabstrib from the common windows controls
>> (comctl32.ocx) can't be accessed anymore. I am able to place the control
>on
>> a form but when accessing the properties following message pops up:

>> Class not registered
>> Looking for object with CLSID: {7EBDAAE2-8120-11CF-899F-00AA00688B10}

>> I looked in the registry and couldn't the CLSID but I have found
>references
>> to the toolbar or tabstrip with a different CLSID.

>> By the way, I also tried to reinstall VB 5.0 but it didn't help.

>> Any help on this would be appreciated!

>> Thomas Born

>> Chevron Computer Consultants

>> PS. I have tried other controls some work some not,  but the funny thing
>is
>> that the CLSID that is displayed in the error message seems to be the
>same.
>> There are basically three CLSID's: 7EBDAAE0-....., 7EBDAAE1-...... and
>> 7EBDAAE2-....

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 control not registered after SP 3
What about reformating HD ?
I don't know why but it worked out on my PC...
Quote:

> Hi there;
> I have just installed VBSP3 noticed that the properties of some of the
> controls (eg. toolbar or tabstrib from the common windows controls
> (comctl32.ocx) can't be accessed anymore. I am able to place the control on
> a form but when accessing the properties following message pops up:

> Class not registered
> Looking for object with CLSID: {7EBDAAE2-8120-11CF-899F-00AA00688B10}

> I looked in the registry and couldn't the CLSID but I have found references
> to the toolbar or tabstrip with a different CLSID.

> By the way, I also tried to reinstall VB 5.0 but it didn't help.

> Any help on this would be appreciated!

> Thomas Born

> Chevron Computer Consultants

> PS. I have tried other controls some work some not,  but the funny thing is
> that the CLSID that is displayed in the error message seems to be the same.
> There are basically three CLSID's: 7EBDAAE0-....., 7EBDAAE1-...... and
> 7EBDAAE2-....

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

?