CommonDialog Bug
Author Message
 CommonDialog Bug

Hello gurus

I am  having problem with printing stuff.

First of all i am using vb6 on 2000 .The bug is that i am using
commondialogbox to showprinter
Like common.ShowPrinter
User can select any other printer other than Default for printing
current stuff
but the porblem is the commondialog control is chaning the default
printer to one which user had selected

For this as told in MSDN i had changed code to
"Printer.TrackDefault = True"
but still it dosen't work

any work around or Am i doing anything wrong
Any help apperciated

Thanks
Bhargav

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:35:12 GMT
 CommonDialog Bug

Quote:
> Hello gurus

> I am  having problem with printing stuff.

> First of all i am using vb6 on 2000 .The bug is that i am using
> commondialogbox to showprinter
> Like common.ShowPrinter
> User can select any other printer other than Default for printing
> current stuff
> but the porblem is the commondialog control is chaning the default
> printer to one which user had selected

Try the PrinterDefault property of the Common Dialog.  It sounds like it
controls this behavior.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:00:11 GMT
 CommonDialog Bug
This has been a bug for years. Microsoft refuses to correct it.

The one work-around I know of is to use API calls (I forgot
which ones) to get the correct behaviour.

Falls Church, {*filter*}ia                        703-560-7380

> Hello gurus

> I am  having problem with printing stuff.

> First of all i am using vb6 on 2000 .The bug is that i am
using
> commondialogbox to showprinter
> Like common.ShowPrinter
> User can select any other printer other than Default for
printing
> current stuff
> but the porblem is the commondialog control is chaning the
default
> printer to one which user had selected

> For this as told in MSDN i had changed code to
> "Printer.TrackDefault = True"
> but still it dosen't work

> any work around or Am i doing anything wrong
> Any help apperciated

> Thanks
> Bhargav

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 01:24:04 GMT

1. Bug in CommonDialog.filename?

2. CommonDialog Version 5.0 Bug w/ Flags?

3. IDE BUGs, BUGs, BUGs....

4. BUGS BUGS BUGS!

5. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs

6. Stange String Behavior - Bug or Bugged ?

7. My Bug or VB.Net Bug ???

8. Anti-Bug If/Then Makes a Bug

9. BUG: Workaround for cool menu accelerator bug?

10. Bug.. VBScript ASP Dictionary Bug

11. BUG BUG in VB

12. BUG BUG in VB