VB6 Crashing When using Mapi Control
Author Message
 VB6 Crashing When using Mapi Control

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.  When I install
Norton Anti-Virus 2001 all of my functioning projects that make use of the
mapi control crash both in run-time and design-time environments.  If I
uninstall Nortons everything begins working again.  I would appreciate it
if anyone can shed some light on this as I am also concerned about the
implications of releasing my application if it is going to curl up and die
on machines that are running Norton 2001.

Thanks

Jas

Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:30:13 GMT
 VB6 Crashing When using Mapi Control
Jas,
Check out "Invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL" in the Symantec
knowledge base even if this isn't your exact error.  Basically, Disable
'Script Blocking' in Norton AntiVirus and re-register MSMAPI.OCX and life
will be better.
HTH,
Armstead Feland

Quote:
> Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.  When I install
> Norton Anti-Virus 2001 all of my functioning projects that make use of the
> mapi control crash both in run-time and design-time environments.  If I
> uninstall Nortons everything begins working again.  I would appreciate it
> if anyone can shed some light on this as I am also concerned about the
> implications of releasing my application if it is going to curl up and die
> on machines that are running Norton 2001.

> Thanks

> Jas

> --

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:10:45 GMT

1. Using ActiveX Mapi control in VB6

2. Visual Basic 6.0 enterprise crashes while compiling with Microsoft MAPI Control components

3. Crashing when using treeview control (comctl32.ocx) inside multipage control (FM20.dll)

4. VB6 crashes when using user created ocx and dll

5. VB6 IDE Crashes When Using Internet Functions?

6. Whole Application crashes when using ADO child command VB6

7. VB6 crashes when using user created ocx and dll

8. VB6 IDE crashes when reference local DLL that uses a remote MTS DLL

9. vb6 crashes when using mdi form

10. HELP : Saving Attachments using MAPI and VB6

11. Using MAPI in VB6

12. using MAPI in VB6 -( YES YOU CAN! )