Run-time error while compiling.
Author Message
 Run-time error while compiling.

I have a application that references various ActiveX
controls. When I compile the application I get a "Runtime
Error '91': Object or with block variable not set"  error.
This occurs during the "Writing EXE..." stage of the
compilation and the name in the banner of the error is one
of my ActiveX components (which compiles without error
itself). I can click through this error and the
compilation completes OK.
The application seems to run correctly too but when I exit
it I get a error saying my application has caused an error
in KERNEL32.dll.
Any ideas on what might be causing either error, or
whether they are related?

Thanks,
Judy

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:39:12 GMT
 Run-time error while compiling.

Quote:
> I have a application that references various ActiveX
> controls. When I compile the application I get a "Runtime
> Error '91': Object or with block variable not set"  error.
> This occurs during the "Writing EXE..." stage of the
> compilation and the name in the banner of the error is one
> of my ActiveX components (which compiles without error
> itself). I can click through this error and the
> compilation completes OK.
> The application seems to run correctly too but when I exit
> it I get a error saying my application has caused an error
> in KERNEL32.dll.
> Any ideas on what might be causing either error, or
> whether they are related?

It's reasonable to think these errors are related.  I wouldn't trust a
binary that erred on the compile to work properly.

My first instinct is that there is code in a UserControl_Initialize (or
possibly UserControl_InitProperties/_ReadProperties) routine that's kicking
this error.

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:41:55 GMT

1. Run time error only when compiled runs

2. Strange Compile Errors at Run-time

3. Run-time Compile Error on some installs

4. run-time error and compiling

5. Run-time error and compiling

6. 31037 run time error with VB4(16) compiled exes

7. compiled VB proj exhibits run time error, but not in IDE/debug

8. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

9. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

10. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

11. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

12. Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time